Hello from PEO Aviation
-> New Members

#1: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: snake36bravo PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:27 pm
    ----
I'm an avid designer working mostly Vietnam Air Cav stuff but have been known to occasionally throw a panzer up using GMAX and FSDS 3.5 I also do lots of repaints. The below an example of a repaint of Piglets OH-6A. Reaper flew with the 1-9 Cav

I worked for 6 years for PEO Aviation on the OH-58D upgrade utilizing MODSAF with cockpit trainers. 8 years US Army. My dad flew with 52nd CAB out of Camp Holloway on his first tour and with C Co 227th out of An Khe on his next.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

#2: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:54 am
    ----
Welcome to CC Snake. I like to see other egg beater operators join in the mix. I've been flying FS helos for a few years, and I personally enjoy them. I look forward to flying with you. Join us on Sunday afternoon at 1pm Central time for the Bush Flight and we can chat. Unfortuanately I've only been a passenger in real helos, but in Flight sim, I have a few hours flying.

#3: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:38 pm
    ----
Greetings Mr Snake36B.

I'm a hang-over from CFS1 days.
These modern sim's are far too complicated for us poor skwirrells.

Fixed wings (Hurricanes).
Helo's scare the crap outta me, but I did start getting the hang of Chin's (my CO used to force me to land 'em on the Ark).

Wingnut, Bushy, and Piney all like chins too.
They got nine between 'em but that's mostly doughnut talk.

Watch out for all the 'normal' folks here abouts.
If they can't climb a tree without cramp-ons, there's sump'n wrong with 'em, sez I.

¤§¤

#4: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:51 pm
    ----
Greetings!

Holy Cripes - You're about to meet a whole bunch of people with very similar interests, very nice to have you here!

Definitely going to ring some bells with the Air Cav stuff and the Loach...some skilled rotary wing FS pilots here as well. Vietnam era repaints are also a particular interest. Nice work!

#5: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm
    ----
Welcome Great bunch here except fur the danged tree rat. Plenty with like interests (Panzer for FSX would be cool, then the treadheads and flers could duke it out virtually Laughing )

#6: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:01 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Greetings!

Holy Cripes - You're about to meet a whole bunch of people with very similar interests, very nice to have you here!

Definitely going to ring some bells with the Air Cav stuff and the Loach...some skilled rotary wing FS pilots here as well. Vietnam era repaints are also a particular interest. Nice work!

What he said...lots of air cav fans here who'll appreciate the repaints.

Now that you're registered, you can go to the download section (FS2004 Scenery)

www.com-central.net/in...s&c=46

...and get/install FS2004 Phu Bai Redux

www.com-central.net/in...amp;id=273

It's also available at Hovercontrol, if you know Jordan's site.

I haven't done Camp Holloway, which was Pleiku (though I think Owain Robinson has an old version out) but I guarantee the richest Vietnam wartime airfield experience you can have in FS2004.

Greetings to you and your dad. I was aero-rifle with 2/17th Air Cav, 101st Abn. in "I"Corps (Hue/Phu Bai).

I also highly recommend Jean Baptistes SEA mesh for the region. The default terrain for Vietnam and rest of SEA is awful. The mesh makes all the actual terrain features appear, and you can find sites even when they don't have scenery (like Nui Ba Den Mountain, or Khe Sanh).

You may also want to check out our own "Fr8ycat's" OH-6A model with three unit paints (including my own unit) here:

www.com-central.net/in...s&c=54

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:13 pm
    ----
Welcome to our lil neck of the flightsim woods, you'll feel right at home with us and just do as we all do, plainly ignore the bloody tree rat Twisted Evil

fled
Cool

#8: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: snake36bravo PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:30 pm
    ----
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Looks like I most definitely found a hooch to hover in. Now I just need a bunk or I could sleep underneath my hog.

Growing up around helicopters since Vietnam, I was born before it ended, I just miss the sight of Huey's in Trail or in Germany the AH-G/S. I didn't see my first Loach that I could remember until my dad was flying with the New Mexico National Guard. I should have logged my OH-58D hours but didnt catch it until I was gone.

This is the 85% complete rework I've done of Fr8dycats UH-1C OSD. It's actually a B model so I did lots to get it right including the rooftop pitot tube, towel rack and so much more. Has all the weapons loadouts including this heavy hog. I've got a B/C/M done. There is even an early B Medevac. You can see some textures were missing at the time I screen-grabbed.

Got Phu Bai, Chu Lai, Bien Hoa, Camp Holloway and every other I could find. I picked up EZScenery because I've done a large number of unit textures and the 120th Razorbacks need Nha Be back. They shared it with HAL-3 after getting the boot from their own unit due to some Saigon shenanigans.

Look forward to stick time with you other rotor heads and hover lovers.

Textures are all there on Mustang-6 now.

Gun runs are fun!

AH-1G repaint, Squatter Swatter, Hugh Mills's Cobra -

#9: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:25 pm
    ----
Where did that AH-1G come from? Is that the Abacus one, repainted? I don't have a VN cobra and it's the only thing missing from my focus.

Is it my Phu Bai and Al Simm's Chu Lai that you have? Al is great and was a big help with my Phu Bai (he built the tower for me). George Knowles has a lot of SEA sceneries, but they lack detail and often, accuracy (but at least the range of sites is nice).

#10: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:44 pm
    ----
- snake36bravo
My dad flew with 52nd CAB out of Camp Holloway on his first tour and with C Co 227th out of An Khe on his next.

My friend John, webmaster over at VHPAMuseum is short of material on 52nd CAB. Have any of your dad's pics that you can share?

www.vhpamuseum.org/bat...2cab.shtml

227th AHB is well represented, however...

www.vhpamuseum.org/bat...7ahb.shtml

#11: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: snake36bravo PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:37 am
    ----
Doug, I've actually contributed quite a bit the VHPA but have more I could send John. I've got some more I can send him from the 227th. My father was wounded during the sapper attack, evac'd to the Phillipines and lost his pictures from Holloway but he had some from the 227th.

Yes, that's the Abacus AH-1G. I didn't like the stock textures and reworked what I could. The chin turret texture is tied to the doghouse so painting it is not possible. I wanted to build out my own but do I drop the AH-56 Cheyenne or the Husky I'm working in addition to a true D/H Nighthawk with working Zenon light? Time. It's a mo fo.

I've gotta have your textures as I recognize them. Bob Hope right?

Some more repaints of the Snake. Other than Hueys my only other true love.

11th Air Cav Troop Blackhorse "Born Free"

#12: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 am
    ----
- snake36bravo
Doug, I've actually contributed quite a bit the VHPA but have more I could send John. I've got some more I can send him from the 227th. My father was wounded during the sapper attack, evac'd to the Phillipines and lost his pictures from Holloway but he had some from the 227th.

Yes, that's the Abacus AH-1G. I didn't like the stock textures and reworked what I could. The chin turret texture is tied to the doghouse so painting it is not possible. I wanted to build out my own but do I drop the AH-56 Cheyenne or the Husky I'm working in addition to a true D/H Nighthawk with working Zenon light? Time. It's a mo fo.

I've gotta have your textures as I recognize them. Bob Hope right?

Some more repaints of the Snake. Other than Hueys my only other true love.

11th Air Cav Troop Blackhorse "Born Free"

Good stuff, I like "Birth Control" and "Widowmaker", which were richly decorated as well. Wink

There are several lights that nighhawks used apart from the VSS-1 series xenon lights, some might be easier to model.

Yes, that's Bob Hope and Les Brown (of "his band of renown", who did most of the shows). From a Tom Payne photo (and ATC guy at Phu Bai).

I'm crushed that you don't want the macro for the stud in camo who's sitting on the skid of the UH-1. Mr. Green

Let's take this offline, check your PM's (which you'll see when you're logged in).

#13: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:47 pm
    ----
I fly in FSX now, but used to fly in FS9 a lot. I kind of upgraded after my computer died and had to get a rebuild. Had one built special to handle the graphics of flight sim. All my Vietnam scenery for FS9 for the most part won't work for FSX. I've been able to gather together a few good free helos that work, and a Vietnam package that I have yet to fly in thats supposed to be pretty good. I look forward to flying with you. I'll tell you what, You get that Husky done, and I'll help you beta test it. I've been looking for one I saw there was one out for one of the older versions of FS, but nothing after that. I think it was FS4. It is big in demand. I even like the idea of having a Cheyenne around. I don't think there ever was one developed for the sims.

#14: Re: Hello from PEO Aviation Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:58 pm
    ----
-S-

Hello Snake and welcome to CC.....

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

-> New Members