My Golf Ball vs A Tree
-> Officer's Club

#1: Re: My Golf Ball vs A Tree Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:51 pm
    ----
Pretty devastating. That musta been one hellacious clap of thunder. I heard tell a while back that when lightning strikes and travels through the ground, the heat is so intense it creates glass rods that can be dug up.

#2: Re: My Golf Ball vs A Tree Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:01 am
    ----
WOW! The power of lighting is awsome..I had a pine tree get it in my backyard when i lived up in wisconsin but it was nothing like that.

#3: Re: My Golf Ball vs A Tree Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:42 pm
    ----
Heh... who need Hoppa when you've got nature? (jk man! :mrgreen:)

That's pretty cool. Doesn't look like anything was burnt, almost as if the tree decided it was going to blow up.

#4: Re: My Golf Ball vs A Tree Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:25 pm
    ----
WOW.......yes,,,I'm impressed.....thats one helluva whack to do that for sure......looking at trees in the vicinity with scars from the flying debris and large chunks thrown that far...man,,,,,,,very cool indeed........

about the coolest tree I ever saw that got nailed from lightning was when I was heli-logging along the kinbasket lake near golden B.C.,,,,,,we were flying to a new block one morning and the pilot noticed it first........It was a massive cedar......I am guessing about 10-12 foot butt cause it was the biggest in the whole stand of that area........If ya'll have seen old growth cedar when its dying it looks like an upside down icicle,,,,no limbs,,,just a big point .......well this particular strike hade spiraled down the tree causing it to look like a 250 foot screw........was very awesome.......of course we only got to look at it from a birds eye view and not on the ground but that was the coolest lightning strike I ever saw........up until now,,,,I must say that these pics here show some serious damage and after all.......I am all about the destruction....... Mr. Green lol,,,,thanks for posting

-> Officer's Club