AFVs in and around Bangkok
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: AFVs in and around Bangkok Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:10 pm
    ----
This summer I'am going to see family in Bangkok,
I know of a M24 at the Phalol Yothin Road near the entrance of Don Muang and the Japanese tank at the national monument.

There should be a M24 at the Ordnance Museum in Bang Sue in Bangkok.

Does someone know the adress / coordinates of this ordnance museum and other locations worth of visiting?

Is there an army museum with vehicles?

Regards,
Lesley

#2: Re: AFVs in and around Bangkok Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:58 am
    ----
There should be no shortage of M41's on active duty. They come out regularly there during periods of "civil unrest" or threats of "extra-constitutional changes of government".

Whether you can get close to one without getting shot, I don't know.

If you could score some detail shots of active duty M-41's (especially inside!) you'd be the instant hero of the forum. Probably take a lot of kissing up and "pretty please" and appeals to an OIC in advance. That sort of things usually takes "contacts", of course. Do they operate a consulate in your country? I notice you mention "family"...knowing a current or retired mid-level....senior officer can be a remarkable door-opener (worked for me in Brazil). It's all about who you know, sometimes.

travel.cnn.com/bangkok...and-606817

www.bangkokpost.com/tr...eum/13172/

#3: Re: AFVs in and around Bangkok Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:50 am
    ----
There's quite a few of the Dragon MkIV-based AA vehicles lurking around Bangkok. See P-O's lists (British tankettes, light and medium tanks)

-> AFV News Discussion Board