-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: WHITE TIGER movie Author: blair PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:31 pm
    ----
Has anyone seen this movie?
www.imdb.com/title/tt2318405/
IMDB
( you can also see it on letmewatchthis.com
Lots of tanks wrecks, T34, Matilda etc.
Kinda like a moby dick story about a great white tank and one man's obsession with it.
I've only seen the Russian version without sub titles but visually a very good movie.
Here is a better review
review

#2: Re: WHITE TIGER movie Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:04 pm
    ----
Ooooh! Hints of a "Haunted Tank"/"Moby Dick"! Naydenov as Ahab and Maj. Fedotov as Ishmael.

As Youtube is being cagey about video embedding, here is page for trailer and several related videos associated with it's making.

www.youtube.com/watch?...r_embedded

#3: Re: WHITE TIGER movie Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:57 am
    ----
some more pics

#4: Re: WHITE TIGER movie Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:18 am
    ----
Those look kind of fake to me? Something about the shape of the M3 is just not right. The roadwheels on the Pz IV look faked, and the proportions and details look off. It's hard to tell for sure, but whatever is behind the Pz IV on the railcar looks odd too. Movie props instead of the real deal, I'm guessing.

#5: Re: WHITE TIGER movie Author: mikek92888 PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:33 pm
    ----
For movie props they did pretty good job of trying to portray correct vehicles.

#6: Re: WHITE TIGER movie Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:09 pm
    ----
- mikek92888
For movie props they did pretty good job of trying to portray correct vehicles.

I suspect the M3 was converted from an ARV. The gun just doesn't look right. The same applies to the 37mm mount but the hull looks pretty good.

BUT I remember the M-3 that was at the museum at Hubbard Ohio. Everything above the tracks was plywood! It had been converted from an M-7 for movie use (1941?, I can't remember) complete with fake rivet heads!

-> AFV News Discussion Board