M60A3 Tank VFW 228 Rock Hall, MD.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M60A3 Tank VFW 228 Rock Hall, MD. Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:03 pm
    ----
Today tried out the Garmin GPS for this trip, it works fine, but growls at me when I try to get lost! M60A3 and serial numbers. Rick

#2: Re: M60A3 Tank VFW 228 Rock Hall, MD. Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:20 am
    ----
3 more views.

#3: Re: M60A3 Tank VFW 228 Rock Hall, MD. Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:56 pm
    ----
Ya need to be careful with GPS on the Eastern shore. In Rock Hall it will tell you the nearest Walmart is 9 miles away and will take you 2 hours to get there!. It is 9 miles away, right across the Bay in Dundalk!

If anyone remembers when my nephew found the 'unknown ordnance' a few years back

www.com-central.net/in...ic&t=12471

This is the tank at the local VFW

#4: Re: M60A3 Tank VFW 228 Rock Hall, MD. Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:14 am
    ----
Bob,
Thanks very much for the GPS warning! So far, I carry a regular map (just in case) and when I intentionally go my own way it growls at me, similar to the wife (now in stereo) but I won't try to cross the bay in my van! Anyway, the wife does humor my hobby, and very helpfully comes along.
Have you had any luck figuring where the Thurmont, MD M60A0 Tank went to? Since the weather is holding up I'm doing some weekend trips, so let me know if You'd heard anything. Thank You. Rick

#5: Re: M60A3 Tank VFW 228 Rock Hall, MD. Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:25 am
    ----
Oh the Garman gives you the right route (Thats why it says it takes 2 hours) but when it lists closest restraunts, gas stations, etc it usually lists them by mileage and it is air miles!

No I haven't tracked down the Thurmont M60. I've been busy and haven't been able to talk to anyone. (And I have to watch the Ravens on the weekends) I'll see what I can find out

-> AFV News Discussion Board