Beijing Military Museum Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:38 pm
    ----
Hey All -

I’ve added a gallery of photos from my November 2007 visit to the Military Museum of the Chinese People’s Revolution in Beijing.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...961_WhFkqB

As I stated in the gallery, the outside exhibit areas containing captured US and Japanese artillery, AFVs and aircraft were closed on the day of my visit (!!!!!!!) but I photographed what I could through the windows of the main hall.

Feel free to start a collection to fund a return visit for us - maybe next time the outside areas will be open!

Type 97 Chi-Ha

Main Hall Overhead Overview

Captured US Equipment - through the window

#2: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:49 pm
    ----
Nice pictures, thanks for posting them.
One correction though: The aircraft you describe as an F-80 is in fact a T-33A trainer.

#3: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:23 pm
    ----
I understand that the US captured vehicles were not accessible?

P-O

#4: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:43 pm
    ----
P-O,

Yes, on the day that I visited the US captured equipment displays were not accessible. Sad

Costas - Thanks for the correction!

Cheers

#5: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 pm
    ----
- vagabond
P-O,

Yes, on the day that I visited the US captured equipment displays were not accessible. Sad

Cheers

they probably understood that you were a spy under the command of the AFV News association Mr. Green

P-O

#6: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:40 am
    ----
That "Curmudgeons In Armor" (CIA) Tee-Shirt was bound to cause somebody a problem sooner or later. Rolling Eyes

#7: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:06 am
    ----
- vagabond
P-O,

Cheers

You are welcome.

#8: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:12 am
    ----
There where some chenges at the museum - new exhibition hall

www.flickr.com/photos/...596812748/

#9: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:20 pm
    ----
Looks like a Wasp next to the L3/35.

#10: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:27 am
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Looks like a Wasp next to the L3/35.

Yes

They have now a new? M3A3 in The Military Museum of the Chinese People's Revolution, Beijing, China.

dishmodels.ru/wshow.htm?p=2199

#11: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:29 am
    ----
The same Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-Ha ?

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...&k=DFZ5L2L

dishmodels.ru/wshow.ht...203&np=all

#12: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:22 pm
    ----
Probably.

#13: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:13 pm
    ----
Guys - Start putting the travel fund together and Mrs VB and I will be glad to return and document all the new stuff!! Smile

#14: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:23 pm
    ----
- vagabond
Guys - Start putting the travel fund together and Mrs VB and I will be glad to return and document all the new stuff!! Smile

If you do so, I'd be glad if you could get the Shermans serials and some nice walkarounds..

P-O

#15: Re: Beijing Military Museum Gallery Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:14 am
    ----
www.flickr.com/photos/...0619238546

The T-34-85 (289) to the right seems to have certain features not normally (try never) seen on Chinese T-34-85/Type 58 tanks, namely the waterproofing cover collar around the hull MG and the twin headlights with the distinctive protective guard. Add the painted over circular national marking on the turret and I think we have a Polish T-34-85M, probably supplied to Vietnam and captured by the PLA in the 1979 war... unless it was obtained from Poland in another way.

-> AFV News Discussion Board