National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 17,18
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 17,18 Author: vmmv1Location: virginia PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:42 pm
    ----
Open house, Aug 17,18 Nokesville Virginia WWW.NMAW.ORG WWW.VMMV.ORG 50 plus military vehicles from motorcycles to main battle tanks will be on display and demo.

#2: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 1 Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:25 pm
    ----
I was there last year for the display on Saturday, August 17, very worthwhile. I'm taking some vacation that week and have committed to this event and hope to visit Quantico USMC Museum the day before. Any others going? Rick

#3: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 17,18 Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:09 pm
    ----
I should be there Sunday.

#4: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 1 Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:28 pm
    ----
Hi Chris,
If you change your mind and decide on Saturday let me know and we could meet there. I just scheduled to be off Friday Aug. 16, through the following week. I'll post some photos like last year. Rick

#5: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 1 Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:23 am
    ----
Ah too bad, Rick. I have to work until 7 on Friday, then it's a 6-ish hour trip so Saturday's out for us. Sad

Last edited by Chris_C on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 1 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:30 am
    ----
- Chris_C
Ah to bad, Rick. I have to work until 7 on Friday, then it's a 6-ish hour trip so Saturday's out for us. Sad

I just want to say that you have a wicked cool avatar. I'd pay good money to have my most recent set of wheels in that pose.

#7: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 1 Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:38 am
    ----
LOL, thanks Doug. The shot was actually Don's idea back during the open house in June 2007. Wink Still have the car, btw.

#8: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 1 Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:45 pm
    ----
I went to the show again this year, great demonstrations, and as always plenty of armor. Met Chris_C and his Wife, nice folks! I took 300 plus photos of the event and if I could find serial numbers I shot them too. Aberdeen may have folded, but this will eventually overshadow it in quantity of historical vehicles shown, and preserved. For softskin fans there were plenty of jeeps Hummers etc. shown too. I look forward to when Mr. Allan D. Cors and his crew of great Volunteers open the National Museum of Americans in Wartime in the future! Rick

Last edited by Rick_Eshleman on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 1 Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:48 pm
    ----
A few more photos of this years event.

#10: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 17,18 Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:50 pm
    ----
Rick, great pics! I'll get mine uploaded hopefully sometime this week. It was nice meeting you three. Hopefully we run into each other again. Smile

#11: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 1 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:01 am
    ----
- Chris_C
LOL, thanks Doug. The shot was actually Don's idea back during the open house in June 2007. Wink Still have the car, btw.

I take all credit... Mr. Green

#12: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 1 Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:38 pm
    ----
Serial Numbers.

#13: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 1 Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:41 pm
    ----
Serial #s.

#14: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 17,18 Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:30 am
    ----
Hello Rick,
Thanks for the serial photos!

Do you have a high res photo of the T-72 or can you tell me the first three letters of the serial?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Lesley

#15: Re: National Museum of Americans in Wartime Open house AUG 17,18 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:45 am
    ----
Hi Lesley,

I have most, if not all, serials from soviet tanks and IFV in Munster. Please post inside the dedicated thread if you are interested.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board