Surviving tank guns and turrets
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:08 am
    ----
I suggest to public posts devoted surviving tank guns and turrets in this topic.

Best

Rafał

#2: Re: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:11 am
    ----
World War I

Nordenfelt 57mm cannon of A7V - Imperial War Museum North, Manchester (UK).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...-22-05.JPG

75mm cannon of Schneider CA1 - El Goloso museum of armored vehicles in Spain.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...cannon.jpg

75mm cannon of Schneider CA1 - Les Invalides, Paris (France)
www.flickr.com/photos/...254218861/

57mm cannon of Mk IV - Bowington Tank Museum (UK)
landships.activeboard....ts/?page=1

#3: Re: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:22 am
    ----
I know for a fact that here in Greece there are two A27L Centaur turrets in the War Museum, another one (plus an M24 and a Humber Mk IV turret) in my hometown of Thessaloniki, along with a pair of Leopard 1GR turrets (If the latter are still in place). A Pz I turret which was part of a bunker is preserved in the Air Force Museum...
... and that about sums what I can dredge from memory.

#4: Re: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:22 pm
    ----
Many turrets are in with the respective tanks (Ex- "Big parts" list)
A couple of sectioned turret trainers at Sinsheim, including this one.

A lot of Sherman turrets in Holland.

#5: Re: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:38 pm
    ----
- Costas_TT
another one (plus an M24 and a Humber Mk IV turret) in my hometown of Thessaloniki

A Pz I turret which was part of a bunker is preserved in the Air Force Museum...

"Costas" could you post photos of them?

#6: Re: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:01 pm
    ----
I'm afraid not. They are located in an active military facility and as such it is forbidden to take photos in there. As for the last one, I think I saw a picture of it in a book or magazine a long time ago, but it must still be in the maintenance area of the museum awaiting restoration, so no pics of it either.

On a different note, I did find a photo of an LT-38 turret in a bunkerstellung.

source

P.S.: No need to put my name in quotation marks, as it indeed is my name. Wink

#7: Re: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:55 am
    ----
T-70 turret - Светлое Добропольского (Ukraine)

reibert.info/threads/%...07/page-58

#8: Re: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:16 am
    ----
- bialy-r
World War I

Nordenfelt 57mm cannon of A7V - Imperial War Museum North, Manchester (UK).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...-22-05.JPG

75mm cannon of Schneider CA1 - El Goloso museum of armored vehicles in Spain.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...cannon.jpg

75mm cannon of Schneider CA1 - Les Invalides, Paris (France)
www.flickr.com/photos/...254218861/

57mm cannon of Mk IV - Bowington Tank Museum (UK)
landships.activeboard....ts/?page=1

+

- Patrik
75mm cannon of Schneider CA1 - VHU Praha
Czech Republic
www.vhu.cz/exhibit/75m...6-francie/

#9: Re: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:53 pm
    ----
T-26 tank gun - Great Patriotic War Museum, Minsk (Belarus)

www.flickr.com/photos/...4583170185

#10: Re: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:25 pm
    ----

peter-2a46m.livejourna...tml#cutid1

PzKpfw III turret - Vadim Zadorozhny Museum, Arhangelskoe, Moscow Oblast (Russia)

#11: Re: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:35 pm
    ----
T-44 turret - Lemeshev, Volyn Oblast (Ukraine)

tanki.in.ua/map/450

#12: Re: Surviving tank guns and turrets Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:05 pm
    ----
T-28 turret

kherson-hotel.com.ua/k...kater5.jpg

kherson-hotel.com.ua/ships.php

-> AFV News Discussion Board