André Becker Collection (Belgium)
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: André Becker Collection (Belgium) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:21 pm
    ----
- Asbjoern
the Bergepanther hull seems to be in a relatively good and complete shape compared with the one of the Cadman brothers or the remains once in the Sinsheim pool.

I think that it is not in such a good shape, as it is the one coming from Sinsheim. A shame that there is the tarpaulin above the hull, we can't see many things.

P-O

#17: Re: André Becker Collection (Belgium) Author: AsbjoernLocation: Germany PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:17 pm
    ----
Yes, the tarpaulin is a pain... I only remember very few pictures of the Sinsheim wreck on which it looks much more incomplete then the parts visible ... wasn`t it missing most of one side?

Jens

#18: Re: André Becker Collection (Belgium) Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:38 am
    ----
Well it is more complete now ,then it was in Sinsheim
In Sinsheim most of the back and the left side was missing
But that is now repaired. At least it was a couple of years ago.
Now with the moving I am not sure if they did that with caution

Walter

#19: Re: André Becker Collection (Belgium) Author: AsbjoernLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 am
    ----
Comparing the pictures on the screen I now agree ... :) ...its the same "tank". For sure the did a lot of welding ans "pre-restoring" on it ... must be the same on the Pz II if its really the same hulk. On the Pictures taken shortly after it was dug up it has no remains of the upper armor and also the right lower hull wasn`t in place ...

Jens

-> AFV News Discussion Board