SFC Button at Ft Lewis now......
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#61: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:27 am
    ----
I couldn't get back to the museum dude to bad weather, but I hope to make it there this weekend possibly. Stay Tuned!

#62: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:01 pm
    ----
Veering off topic. SFC Button, here's one at Ft. Leonard Wood that you might like:

#63: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:23 pm
    ----
That is a very tasteful and nicely maintained monument. Kudos to somebody.

#64: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:33 am
    ----
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h178/88N/Camp%20Murray%
[img][URL=http://s64.photobucket.com/user/88N/media/Camp%20Murray%20WANG%20Museum/000_0010.jpg.html]
[/img][img][/img]

First picture you see is a manhole cover! I thought it was pretty neat. Only cannons I saw were these 2 old ones at a monument built in 1923!
I could not find any stampings on the M3 tow lugs in the rear. The front one might have said '48' on it but was very hard to make out.
I didn't see any cannons that were requested except these two.
Dennis Smith, thanks for the old 4.2in Mortar picture. That is very cool and you sure don't see many Mortar displays like that!

#65: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:54 am
    ----
Good luck at the new post. Remember to keep doing your job as your retirement date looms. It is too easy to get the undeserved reputation of slacking off as you slide down the long slope.

There are some really neat items on display. I cringed at the sight of so many open hatches. That sheet metal is perishable. I am glad there are so many jackstands propping up axles, and wedges "steadying" the tracked vehicles. If I was going around looking at these things, I would probably carry a can of green spray paint to cover over some of the scraped to expose serial numbers.

#66: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:46 am
    ----
I don't slack off just because I am retiring, although I have seen many before me that have. But I am asked occasionally why I don't slow down and take care of "me" first. Well that's not my style, but I am attending all the ACAP classes they will offer me and should have my resume finished within a week or so. I will leave Washington state and head back to the family at Ft Hood where we are going to settle down. I have been trying to "network" some people there to find a job and hopefully something will develop. Because number one, I have to be kept busy, and number two, I need the money to damn bad! haha.

#67: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:44 am
    ----
All, I am currently on Emergency Leave back in Texas, but when I get back to Ft Lewis, my time there may be limited as I am working a Compassionate Reassignment back to Ft Hood. If there is anything that anyone needs photographed in a hurry, let me know and I will do my best to assist in the time I have left there.

#68: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:37 pm
    ----
Just an update, I am sad to announce that my wife of 22 years passed away from Stage 4 lung cancer 7 January. The cancer was much more advanced and aggressive that was first determined and she lost her feisty battle. I am still at Ft Hood and am "attached" to my old unit until I can get some orders that will bring me here permanently. Therefore once I return to Ft Lewis, I will be spending all my time to clear the unit/post and get back to Ft Hood with my sons, (ages 14 and 19). Once I am situated again in Texas, I may be able to once again start research and requests for people.

#69: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:12 pm
    ----
So very sorry for your loss, Jeff. I hope that all of your good memories together keeps you strong for you and your children.

Garry

#70: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:37 pm
    ----
My sincere condolences Jeff,

Words escape me, take care of your boys. In turn they will take care of you.

#71: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:48 pm
    ----
Also my sincere condolences,

Strenght with this terrible loss.

Lesley

#72: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:20 pm
    ----
I'll also offer my sincere condolences.

Hang in there, Jeff.

#73: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:45 pm
    ----
Jeff,
My condolences also. So sorry for you and your Boys, Rick

#74: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:50 pm
    ----
Jeff, prayers and warm thoughts going out to you and your boys from down here on the Bayou. Lean on them as much as they will lean on you. Need help with anything, please let all of us know. I am sure one of us may have what you need, or the correct connection at Hood to turn you to.

Charles "tanklord" Begnaud

#75: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:28 am
    ----
Jeff,

You know where I am on this, from private communication. I had briefly posted something about your situation on the forum, but reconsidered and deleted it to reassign the prerogative for announcing this heartbreaking development to you.
You've got a lot of supportive friends here, and you know how to reach us, publicly or privately.

Best wishes,
Doug

-> AFV News Discussion Board