M56 Scorpion
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M56 Scorpion Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:36 am
    ----
Anyone got any images that show the suspension details of the M56?

#2: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: sapper141 PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:28 pm
    ----
Jim
try these sets
www.toadmanstankpictur...om/m56.htm
svsm.org/gallery/m56?page=1

#3: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: Smashy PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:49 pm
    ----
Actually looking for some close-ups of the suspension arrangement if anyone has them.

#4: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:27 pm
    ----
This is what I've got (no great close-ups): Preserved M56

#5: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:47 pm
    ----
What details are you looking for? I can get to a (decently run-down) vehicle tomorrow or this weekend if nobody has what you need.

#6: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: Smashy PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:02 pm
    ----
just views of the suspension arms front and back if you can manage it Chris?

#7: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:25 am
    ----
It was actually pretty cramped behind the wheels. Hope this is something similar to what you needed.

Rear road wheel and idler

Swing arm looking forward

Camera is placed on the swing arm looking at the wheel hub. Tire is the blackness in the upper left.

Swing arm looking to the rear:

Front road wheel, looking forward:

Looking into the missing final drive housing:

Another swing arm, looking forward shot:

Looking up at a swingarm:

I'm not sure why the formatting of the captions has become messed up. I can't seem to fix it. Anyway, the words describe the picture below them.

#8: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:39 am
    ----
- Chris_C

I'm not sure why the formatting of the captions has become messed up. I can't seem to fix it. Anyway, the words describe the picture below them.

Well, it isn't you, Chris. Been an ongoing issue. I've asked if there's an update or workaround that we can share.

D.

#9: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: Smashy PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:55 pm
    ----
Thanks Chris - they are excellent and just what I need.

#10: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:36 pm
    ----
And a thank you from me as well!

#11: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:55 pm
    ----
Thanks for the heads-up, Doug. And happy to help, guys. Any excuse to go see tanks. Wink

#12: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: TerryStibalLocation: Pensacola FL PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:18 am
    ----
Speaking from the experience of employing a former Scorpion commander, the Scorpion is anything but a tank...

#13: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:31 am
    ----
- TerryStibal
Speaking from the experience of employing a former Scorpion commander, the Scorpion is anything but a tank...

I'm sure the membership here is grateful for that clarification.

#14: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: Smashy PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:28 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
And a thank you from me as well!

Jim I'll have the suspension masters ready for you by the end of the month.

When will the 90mm gun master be ready?

#15: Re: M56 Scorpion Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 pm
    ----
- TerryStibal

That is obvious! Rolling Eyes After all it is the Antitank (like in antichrist) designed to be used by the most antitank troops in the world AIRBORNE Shocked

-> AFV News Discussion Board