XP Lives On
-> Software

#1: XP Lives On Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:33 pm
    ----
www.bbc.co.uk/news/tec...y-25758308

#2: Re: XP Lives On Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:11 pm
    ----
- Shades
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25758308

This longevity is partly because of the poor reception that its successor Windows Vista received and because some businesses have found it hard to adapt to the changes introduced in Windows 7 and 8.

Ok had to agree that XP was Great, Vista sucked, 7 is also Great and 8 really really really sucks bad. At this rate maybe 9 will be REALLY GREAT..lol. Why MS can't leave well enough alone is beyond most people, me included. Rolling Eyes

Shades you could always do a second partition with XP so you could run your MSFB stick. I still have my FB and it still kicks straight up when I boot my system but it is only good for basic flying now on Win7 as you know.

#3: Re: XP Lives On Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:43 pm
    ----
That's only the old excuse now Homey.
Nowadays I don't even have the time.
Only a few more years until retirement.
*sigh*

#4: Re: XP Lives On Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:12 am
    ----
It doesn't mean an extension on XP's safe lifecycle - they are extending the period of malware detection via some Microsoft tools, but pay attention to the statement that security patches still stop on April 8 2014. Those security patches are what pug the holes for malware exploits, and without them having the ability to detect malware on your system just means you will have great success about knowing that you've already caught the clap.

This is going to cloud the understanding of some folks who will be quick to wrongly assume it's an extension of the status quo, when it isn't.

#5: Re: XP Lives On Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:55 pm
    ----
*Gulp!

#6: Re: XP Lives On Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 am
    ----
Have to agree Stoopy. They may as well just stop everything instead of giving the false impression to users that they are still safe using XP.

Wheels

#7: Re: XP Lives On Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:43 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
It doesn't mean an extension on XP's safe lifecycle - they are extending the period of malware detection via some Microsoft tools, but pay attention to the statement that security patches still stop on April 8 2014. Those security patches are what pug the holes for malware exploits, and without them having the ability to detect malware on your system just means you will have great success about knowing that you've already caught the clap.

This is going to cloud the understanding of some folks who will be quick to wrongly assume it's an extension of the status quo, when it isn't.

...and nobody knows more about "the clap" than JG300 members! (My counsel about having the flight surgeon pre-qualify the service staff at the Sty went, regrettably, unheeded).

I luv me some XP (and hate the "V" word on my laptop, which understandably, could be interpreted as "venereal"). I guess some hardware (and, dammit, software) changes are due in my near future.

It's almost enough to make one go back to snail mail and long division. Rolling Eyes

#8: Re: XP Lives On Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:25 am
    ----
*emnity.

Razz

#9: Re: XP Lives On Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:13 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- JG300-Stoopy

...and nobody knows more about "the clap" than JG300 members! (My counsel about having the flight surgeon pre-qualify the service staff at the Sty went, regrettably, unheeded).

I luv me some XP (and hate the "V" word on my laptop, which understandably, could be interpreted as "venereal"). I guess some hardware (and, dammit, software) changes are due in my near future.

It's almost enough to make one go back to snail mail and long division. Rolling Eyes

I will say that Windows 7 is a good thing. For me it has seemed like a polished Windows XP more than anything else.

#10: Re: XP Lives On Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:45 pm
    ----
I have to agree with Stoopy on Win 7. It is like they took the best of XP and the best of Vista...which was not much...and made 7. The only down fall was the MS Force Feedback stick no longer worked as it used too.

#11: Re: XP Lives On Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:27 pm
    ----
Vista should have been ducked in the nearest stream.
7 is great.

#12: Re: XP Lives On Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:27 pm
    ----
- Shades
*emnity.

Razz

The dictionaries say otherwise. Razz

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/enmity

www.merriam-webster.co...ary/enmity

www.oxforddictionaries...ish/enmity

It's well known that skwirrels kant spel.

-> Software