Question about TACOM owned tanks
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Question about TACOM owned tanks Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:22 am
    ----
What are the restrictions on TACOM owned display tanks?
Can the VFW etc. where one is located have it temporarily moved to another location for painting and so on?
Can the displaying organization under take restoration work to make the tank run?

Thank
Mike Haines

#2: Re: Question about TACOM owned tanks Author: Geoff_walden PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:08 pm
    ----
Hi Mike,

It's somewhat complicated. Anything like that must be done with TACOM's permission. Check out AR 700-131 - www.apd.army.mil/pdffi...00_131.pdf

I haven't been involved with that program for several years, but it used to be that the vehicles had to be completely demilled, and no, you couldn't do any work to make it run or otherwise operational. Best to check with TACOM HQs. I don't have the office itself, but this info will get you into TACOM -

TACOM Operator
(586) 282-5000

Email: usarmy.detroit.tacom.mail.lcmc-pao @ mail.mil

U.S. Army TACOM
AMSTA-CS-P
6501 E. 11 Mile Rd.
Warren, MI 48397-5000

Or try (586) 282-8469 - this might get you directly into the loans program office (not sure).

Good luck!

Geoff

#3: Re: Question about TACOM owned tanks Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:09 pm
    ----
Thanks Geoff,
That's pretty much what I thought.

Mike

#4: Re: Question about TACOM owned tanks Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:36 pm
    ----
Josie Bradley was the Donations Officer at 586 574 8210, she might help...This number is several years old.

-> AFV News Discussion Board