Need a volunteer....
-> Software

#1: Need a volunteer.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:57 pm
    ----
...someone with better photo-editing skills than mine. Have scanned image from 43 year old Polaroid of a "Kit Carson Scout" (in this case, a Cambodian re-pat) who saved one of our troopers in Vietnam. Having trouble pulling out color, brightness, contrast and we'd like to get this one the proper attention.

Thanks!

#2: Re: Need a volunteer.... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:46 pm
    ----
I use Photoshop Doug but I've tried this on old photo's before and don't think my skills are up to the job, otherwise I'd love to help.
You might try one of the PS forums to see if anyone there can do it for you.
It's likely to be a relatively simple task, for those-in-the-know.

#3: Re: Need a volunteer.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:55 pm
    ----
Thanks, Shades....

Do you happen to be a member at one of those? I sorta' hate to register under false pretenses. I'm not looking for a tutorial or software related question....I've done pretty well at repairing a lot of our guys photos that we published (non-commercially) and distributed a DVD for our troopers and/or families.

I'm really looking for a skilled soul who'd offer to try to fix this one...it's not for commercial publication and doesn't have to be "magazine quality", but it needs improvement. I'm a charity case just looking for someone who'd undertake it as a "good cause". Will even offer attribution for the effort, but to be honest, no one but our former troopers or family members are ever likely to see it.

#4: Re: Need a volunteer.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:56 am
    ----
There's a lot of good talent that hangs out at the V-strom forums. I'll put a feeler out there, they're mostly good folks (for motorcycle scumbags Razz ) and a generally older crowd with a few vets mixed in as well.

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Need a volunteer.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:55 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
There's a lot of good talent that hangs out at the V-strom forums. I'll put a feeler out there, they're mostly good folks (for motorcycle scumbags) and a generally older crowd with a few vets mixed in as well.

Thanks, Stoop. I can pass it along via email if you want a look. This was a young guy, 20-something that had been fighting since he was 12. Saved one of our guys in an ambush.

#6: Re: Need a volunteer.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 am
    ----
Sure, send away, and if I get a bite I'll let you know for sure. Sounds like a hell of a guy.

#7: Re: Need a volunteer.... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:31 pm
    ----
photoshopcafe.com/cafe/activity.php might be a good one too.
Just be up front, I'm sure one will help out.

#8: Re: Need a volunteer.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:29 pm
    ----
An offer to assist has been extended... and from a community member of good standing:

www.stromtrooper.com/p...ost2329441

-> Software