Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:06 am
    ----
- vagabond
Mrs VB and I will make sure and add it to our already very long to-do list for our soon-to-be adventures across the pond.

Are you coming to Europe? Do you have some dates and locations already?

Massimo

#32: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:41 am
    ----
Massimo -

Planning stages - hoping to get over to the UK in June for a while and use London as a base. Would love to see Tankfest and Bovington, Flying Legends and a few other air shows and get to War and Peace Revival. Might look into getting to Normandy with a side trip to Paris. Have SO much we'd love to see that planning is tough. Hoping to be able to make a few trips in the next few years to see as much as we can.

IF we were to get over to the UK what do you guys recommend? Tanks, Aircraft and WW2 history, some Shakespeare and a smattering of "you need to see this in the UK" stops.

Thanks in advance, gents!

PH

#33: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:51 am
    ----
if anyone wants to come to Normandy, Paris area or Saumur, please tell me. You could spend a night or two at my home and I could serve as a guide, now I know very well the landing beaches and everything that is around there.

P-O

#34: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:40 am
    ----
- vagabond

IF we were to get over to the UK what do you guys recommend? Tanks, Aircraft and WW2 history, some Shakespeare and a smattering of "you need to see this in the UK" stops.

I only have visited a few places, based on my personal experience:

- Bovington: a must visit, but you know that already
- IWM London: skip it
- IWM Duxford: unique place, both for aviation and tank enthusiasts
- RAF Museum Hendon: another great place, but if I had to choose, I'll pick Duxford

Massimo

#35: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:21 am
    ----
BTW we are hijacking the thread, we better move this part of the discussion into the "Travels" thread

Massimo

#36: Re: Three Amigos in Nationaal Militair Museum Soesterberg Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:20 pm
    ----
Right - my apologies!! Moving to the Museum visit thread….

-> AFV News Discussion Board