Firefly SN 4873, ex-Brasschaat fire range
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Firefly SN 4873, ex-Brasschaat fire range Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:28 am
    ----
Hello,

the new owner of this Sherman Firefly is looking for any picture of his tank while it was on the Brasschaat fire range :

thanks

P-O

#2: Re: Firefly SN 4873, ex-Brasschaat fire range Author: ShermanVC PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:31 pm
    ----
I will come clean and admit that I am the new owner of said vehicle.

As P-O has kindly posted, I'm looking for any photos of this vehicle on the range... or indeed in service in 1944/45.

I'm hoping that someone may have pictures which show additional markings, externally and internally which have since worn off... I have downloaded copies of the photos shown on afvregister.org... but higher resolution versions would be really useful.

I am also looking for photos of other Fireflies which may help with the restoration - specific areas of interest are elevation mechanism, fire control, semi-auto mechanism and recoil guard - all parts i am missing and will need to find or make.

Many thanks

Tim

#3: Re: Firefly SN 4873, ex-Brasschaat fire range Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:57 pm
    ----
welcome on the forum, Tim.

Pierre-Olivier

#4: Re: Firefly SN 4873, ex-Brasschaat fire range Author: PatrikLocation: Czech republic PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:16 am
    ----
Super.Welcome Tim.

#5: Re: Firefly SN 4873, ex-Brasschaat fire range Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:48 pm
    ----
Welcom at the forum Tim
I have some pictures of her from around 2005. Have to dig into my old files, so give me some time.
Michel

#6: Re: Firefly SN 4873, ex-Brasschaat fire range Author: ShermanVC PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:33 pm
    ----
Michel

Copies of any photos you may have would be fantastic..

Many thanks

Tim

#7: Re: Firefly SN 4873, ex-Brasschaat fire range Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:22 pm
    ----
Tim

I've uploaded some pictures, you can find them here: www.flickr.com/photos/...731194896/
I should have more of them but couldn't find them (for now), I'm still looking.

Michel

#8: Re: Firefly SN 4873, ex-Brasschaat fire range Author: ShermanVC PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:13 pm
    ----
T-289477... record from Canadian Archives...

Hope this is of interest.

Would love to see more photos of this vehicle if anyone has any more they would be happy to share please?

Tim

#9: Re: Firefly SN 4873, ex-Brasschaat fire range Author: ShermanVC PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:45 pm
    ----
After many years of collecting parts and researching stuff, work has progressed to a point where re-wiring has now started.

Attached is a reasonably current photo.

I would still like to see any photos anyone may have of the vehicle on the Braaschaat range please as these may well hold key information vital to the restoration.

More regular updates are on my facebook page

www.facebook.com/T289477

Many thanks

Tim

#10: Re: Firefly SN 4873, ex-Brasschaat fire range Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:56 pm
    ----
Amazing work. You would never know it is the same tank as the one in your original post.

Wheels

-> AFV News Discussion Board