New Tank at Tobyhanna Army Depot
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New Tank at Tobyhanna Army Depot Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:15 am
    ----
I was at Tobyhanna this year picking up some items at DRMO and I noticed a new tank on the mini "mile of tanks", it was a M1 with the 105mm. I was at TYAD in 2010 and 2012 for various MWR events and we were allowed to snap as many pictures of anything as we wanted.

Not this time though. Post Chattanooga things have really tightened up, new gates, and no photos at all, including of the radar displays displayed OUTSIDE the gate.

I forgot to get the serial number I can confirm however it displays markings of the MN ARNG.

Hope this helps.

#2: Re: New Tank at Tobyhanna Army Depot Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:21 am
    ----
Other vehicles include M1015 with shelter, M162, M113A2, M901A1, M60, Charpel based on M548, M109, M110, M578 and maybe a few others in addition to many radar displays.

#3: Re: New Tank at Tobyhanna Army Depot Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:25 am
    ----
Silvio,
Thanks for the update on Tobyhanna AD. I was going to try to get up there to photo the displays, but not now if they don't allow photos. If this status changes let us know. Rick

#4: Re: New Tank at Tobyhanna Army Depot Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:09 pm
    ----
Hi Silvio

Any chance you could post some of the older pictures for use at the register. Tobyhanna is a blind spot for the moment.

Michel

#5: Re: New Tank at Tobyhanna Army Depot Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:02 pm
    ----
I will see what I can find.

#6: Re: New Tank at Tobyhanna Army Depot Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:39 am
    ----
www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-pEYxMjafo
This may be of use.

Plus

#7: Re: New Tank at Tobyhanna Army Depot Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:44 pm
    ----
I do not think that M1015 was taken at Tobyhanna. Behind the fence is just land, not a road. Both the displays and road are enclosed in the fence.

-> AFV News Discussion Board