does anyone know why this post has these %20 in it???
-> Artillery Forum

#1: does anyone know why this post has these %20 in it??? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:59 pm
    ----
Does anyone know why this post has these %20 in it??? I posted the same exact post at the CDSG site and it seems to work there, am I doing something wrong? I'm using Photobucket and a PC if that helps.
CDSG site

Here are a couple mystery pieces, not much info on where they are located, but maybe one of you has seen them.......

1. Somewhere in a New England cemetery, its a 4" Naval piece

2.Maplewood Cemetery, Durham NC. Anyone have any ideas on what this might be??

3. A 3.2" Field Gun in Armagh Township, PA.................................

4. A Japanese 105mm Model 92 Gun, no idea of the location, very nice piece

#2: Re: does anyone know why this post has these %20 in it??? Author: CharlieC PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:03 am
    ----
The gun at Durham, NC reminds me of a 6 Pounder Nordenfelt. I've attached an image of one of these in Australia. The mechanism of the mounting looks similar but the profile of the mounting is different.

I noticed on the Navweaps website that the USN used a 6-pdr Mark 10 around the 1890s which is noted as a Nordenfelt gun. The Nordenfelt guns were designed as anti-torpedo boat guns in the 1880s but had a second life on merchant ships and light naval craft during WW1.

Regards,

Charlie

#3: Re: does anyone know why this post has these %20 in it??? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:28 am
    ----
it does look kinda like that,maybe a lot like that

#4: Re: does anyone know why this post has these %20 in it??? Author: CharlieC PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:37 am
    ----
I'm not sure the Japanese piece is a 105mm howitzer. I read the markings as Type 96 15cm howitzer, manufactured Showa 16 (1941) at the Osaka arsenal.

Regards,

Charlie

#5: Re: does anyone know why this post has these %20 in it??? Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:19 am
    ----
AJ2,

Something changed on the com-central site a while back and it has been working in such a way that if you put text in between the images you post, the %20 characters appear. There seems to be no way around it, so I've taken to making a separate post for each different image as a workaround.

-> Artillery Forum