OT - SC Amphibious? Construction Machines
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: OT - SC Amphibious? Construction Machines Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:29 pm
    ----
Hi All,

I had forgotten about these cool looking maybe-Amphibious pieces of construction equipment we saw on alongside the highway in South Carolina. Off-topic but kinda interesting.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...e/n-qmRZRM

#2: Re: OT - SC Amphibious? Construction Machines Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:09 am
    ----
It kind of reminds me of a Churchill tank. Very cool.

#3: Re: OT - SC Amphibious? Construction Machines Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:29 am
    ----
Cool.

#4: Re: OT - SC Amphibious? Construction Machines Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:53 pm
    ----
Singaporean amphibious chassis EIK Engineering AM300, or AM350, for excavator platform John Deere 350D LC.

Source
www.eikengineering.com...i_trex.htm
www.eikengineering.com...e_2016.pdf

Last edited by JiriTintera on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: OT - SC Amphibious? Construction Machines Author: vw82 PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:09 pm
    ----
Saw lots of these type of vehicles in the Niger Delta, Nigeria working for the oil companies. Preparing drilling sites for oil rigs and barges. Quite fun to watch, even saw few sink into the swamps that were more than they could handle, like a sunk tank on the beach in Normandy.
Mike

#6: Re: OT - SC Amphibious? Construction Machines Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:15 pm
    ----
Down here in the swamps of South Louisiana, I saw the evolution of these types of vehicles, all tracing their roots back to the vehicle that was the father of the LVT-1,The Roebling Alligator.

-> AFV News Discussion Board