Largo Military Musuem closing
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Largo Military Musuem closing Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:02 am
    ----
wfla.com/2016/11/30/la...n-january/

Hopefully the vehicles end up in good homes and do not disappear into dark private collections.

#2: Re: Largo Military Musuem closing Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:46 am
    ----
What is the deal with the Sherman tank pictured in that news story? It looks like it has the commanders cupola from an M48 on top. Also, a small hatch sherman with a 76mm gun turret?

#3: Re: Largo Military Musuem closing Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:12 am
    ----
Some post war experimental cupola.

My understanding is the vehicle was a tractor and is just a static display. It has no turret basket and the gun and mantlet are fake. They probably just put the turret on because they had it

#4: Re: Largo Military Musuem closing Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:21 am
    ----
Guys,

There's a thread on the cupola here:
www.com-central.net/in...ight=largo

Also the gallery link of our visits to the museum:
www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...ary-Museum

The financial issues aren't really a surprise - on our first visit they had an M24 that was gone a few years later and I think I saw the M47 up for sale around the time of our 2014 visit.

-> AFV News Discussion Board