Museum of the American G.I. - College Station, TX - Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Museum of the American G.I. - College Station, TX - Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:17 pm
    ----
Hi All,

I recently had the good fortune to get the opportunity to photograph the collection at the Museum of the American G.I. in College Station, TX. It’s a good size and gorgeous collection of stuff!

Enjoy!

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...g/n-pZwcXT

#2: Re: Museum of the American G.I. - College Station, TX - Gallery Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:44 am
    ----
Paul and Loren, Great photos, thanks for sharing.

#3: Re: Museum of the American G.I. - College Station, TX - Gallery Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:37 pm
    ----
Great shots. I am guessing that M4A1 is actually a converted Grizzly? Pierre?

#4: Re: Museum of the American G.I. - College Station, TX - Gall Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:29 pm
    ----
Those are some very clean and well polished vehicles!

#5: Re: Museum of the American G.I. - College Station, TX - Gall Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:13 am
    ----
Silvio

I think this is a M4A1, the turret isn't a Grizzly one (but could be easily swapped). Furthermore the arrangement of the tools on the side indicate M4A1 (shovel is facing front on a Grizzly) as is the cable clamp. Also no trace of the holders for the fire extinguishers on the sides. However any of these could be removed to look like a M4A1, but in my opinion its a M4A1.

Michel

#6: Re: Museum of the American G.I. - College Station, TX - Gallery Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:54 am
    ----
Well, I have it that the M4A1 is Grizzly #114. This is from Joe DeMarco :

"That is Number 114, CT-163938.

Fred Ropkey once owned that, & it was named “Bushmaster” and still had T-163938 painted on.
He sold it to a guy who had an arms factory in Jeffersonville, Indiana (right across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky.)
The owner was very hospitable, & let me look around.
I would assume he may have passed away, since Brent had that for sale years ago, & I would think he would have sold it by now"

I'm not 100% sure the tank that Joe mentions is the same we see on the pictures.

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board