Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill Author: 1meandad PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:29 pm
    ----
The Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum (FHCAM) is excited to announce the arrival of the Churchill Tank! With the addition of the iconic tank, FHCAM adds Great Britain to the list of countries represented in our hangars.

A fact about our new artifact: The Churchill, named after Prime Minister Winston Churchill, was Britain’s most famous heavy tank in World War II. FHCAM’s version is an Mk VII, equipped with a 75mm gun. The vehicle is a Crocodile—with a flamethrower in place of its hull-mounted machine gun.

Come check it out at Tankfest NW! bit.ly/2mqurn6

#2: Re: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:29 pm
    ----
I'd be glad to see a photo of this Churchill.

Pierre-Olivier

#3: Re: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:07 pm
    ----
We'll be in Seattle with the tour in early May and plan on visiting FHCAM.

#4: Re: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:53 pm
    ----
good news !! I hope you can see the Churchill

#5: Re: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:03 pm
    ----
Bad news chaps - We had no luck getting to see the Churchill at FHCAM. Bummer.

It looked like preparations for Tankfest NW were underway and we did get to see and photograph the M60A1, M48, Scud Launcher, M55, LVT3, Kettenkrad, SdKfz 8, Flak 37, M3A1 Halftrack, T34, M4A1, Hetzer & Abrams Turret Trainer.

We'll post a gallery as soon as we can.

It is my understanding that the public debut of the Churchill will be at the Tankfest NW event on May 27th - as a static display.

#6: Re: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:00 am
    ----
According to the museum placards for the M60A1 & M48A1, both vehicles came from the Royal Tank Museum in Jordan.

#7: Re: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:20 pm
    ----
Hi All,

In poking around the web looking for info on the FHCAM NW Tankfest event this weekend, I found a photo on the FHCAM Website under Events.

Link to FHCAM Webpage: www.flyingheritage.com...odile.aspx

Below is a screenshot of the photo of the Churchill posted on their site and also one of our photos of what looks to me to be the same Churchill when it was part of a certain private collection in Utah. Apparently, FHCAM got the Churchill from there. Look for yourselves -

#8: Re: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:21 am
    ----
VB, do we know of any other vehicles that came from this "unknown" Private Collector in Utah? My understanding is he is only selling his vehicles in groups of 10 or more.

#9: Re: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:35 pm
    ----
If that's the case, then it was sold quite recently. I saw it in Utah in August 2016.

Cheers,

Scott

#10: Re: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:14 pm
    ----
Here is an idea, the private collector is just taking it to the show and did not sell it? If they owned it, we probably would of seen a press release about them buying it? Explains why the blacked out the background

#11: Re: Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum gets Churchill Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:39 pm
    ----
FHCAM can be rather tight-lipped about acquisitions at times. I remember the huge surprise in the Warbird community over the debut of their IL-2 Sturmovik. It was a bolt out of the blue for many of us!

-> AFV News Discussion Board