Additions to Armor collection at FHCAM Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Additions to Armor collection at FHCAM Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:19 am
    ----
Hi All,

We had the opportunity recently to return to the newly rechristened Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum in Everett, WA and photograph many of the additions to the armor collection.

Unfortunately, as I posted elsewhere, the Churchill was not available for viewing.

We did get the SN of the M60A1 - SN 6435 from the tow lug. The top of the engine deck cover has 6009 stamped in it. The placard informs that the M60A1 and M48 are both from the Royal Tank Museum in Jordan.

P-O, we got the Pressed Steel Car build number on the left side rear of the M4A1 Sherman - It is 2492.

The former Littlefield M55, Sdkfz 7, Scud A Launcher and M1A1 Abrams turret trainer were all on display.

I posted the images to 2 different galleries on our site - both listed below.
The first link takes you to the new gallery in the Air & Space Museum section of our site.
The second link takes you to the previously existing AFV gallery where the newer images have been added to the end of the gallery. Your choice.....

All the photos below link to the Air Museum section.

Air Museum section:
www.vgbimages.com/AirM...s/n-CQkLMj

Existing AFV Gallery:
www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...um-Armor-A

Last edited by vagabond on Mon May 15, 2017 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: Additions to Armor collection at FHCAM Gallery Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:48 pm
    ----
Nice to see the sdkfz 7

#3: Re: Additions to Armor collection at FHCAM Gallery Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:37 pm
    ----
Okay, I know it's a flying thingee, but do you have more pics of that I-16 Russian fighter. I love those "barrels with wings"!

#4: Re: Additions to Armor collection at FHCAM Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:12 am
    ----
Sure do, tanklord -

In the gallery link below there are images of the little critter from 2008 & 2013 - image numbers 41-53.

Flying Heritage Air Museum link:

www.vgbimages.com/AirM...-Everett-W

#5: Re: Additions to Armor collection at FHCAM Gallery Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:13 am
    ----
- vagabond
Sure do, tanklord -

In the gallery link below there are images of the little critter from 2008 & 2013 - image numbers 41-53.

Flying Heritage Air Museum link:

www.vgbimages.com/AirM...-Everett-W

Thank you Sir!

-> AFV News Discussion Board