Hard Targets at CFB Borden
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Hard Targets at CFB Borden Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:52 am
    ----
Hi folks:

I was up at CFB Borden last weekend to see how the Wirbelwind restoration was coming along and found a compound where it seems some hard targets from the ranges have been recovered to. I counted at least three Rams, two M4A2E8 Shermans, an M24 Chaffee, a Leopard 1 hull, one Centurion plus the turret of another, and three members of the AVGP family. Sadly, they were difficult to photograph because of the fence, but I thought that you might be interested in some photos.

Cheers,

Scott

#2: Re: Hard Targets at CFB Borden Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:29 am
    ----
I see 2 RAM tanks, some parts and probably 2 M4A2 76mm HVSS. Thanks for the pics.

Pierre-Olivier

#3: Re: Hard Targets at CFB Borden Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:50 pm
    ----
Hi:

There are definitely three Ram upper hulls there - the one on top of the lower hull with the huge hole in the side, then two upper hulls on the ground facing each other (the one closest to the fence is upside down).

I would have loved to get serial numbers off of these vehicles!

Cheers,

Scott

#4: Re: Hard Targets at CFB Borden Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:49 am
    ----
I don't see target #9 on your photos...

P-O

#5: Re: Hard Targets at CFB Borden Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:41 pm
    ----
You are correct! I saw that one from afar, but forgot about it close up. So that makes a total of four Rams there.

Cheers,

Scott

#6: Re: Hard Targets at CFB Borden Author: Jim_Coles PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:20 pm
    ----
Scott, just a quick heads up that your pics in the first post are now blocked by Photobucket's recent changes.

-> AFV News Discussion Board