M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:32 pm
    ----
After a long hiatus from here I'm back,

Finally was able to document this M60. She is SN 481, RN 9B3518. She is in very good shape, like many in front of the State National Guard Armories in Mississippi. Location is at the corner of Homer Road and North 2nd Street in Booneville, Grid: 34.680977, -88.560735. In the near future I will be posting updates on M60 series locations along with SN and RN info for the AFV register.

#2: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:51 pm
    ----
Hi Joe! Welcome back. I've "AFVs of the World" on face book, but check in here regularly as this is the best site around. Look forward to Your posts. Take care, Rick

#3: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:28 pm
    ----
Welcome back, Joe!

See what you can do about getting them off their bar stools down there and paint that M60!

#4: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:41 am
    ----
Joe - how many M60 do you estimate to be on display in the USA?

#5: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:32 am
    ----
- JimWeb
Joe - how many M60 do you estimate to be on display in the USA?

That information can be gleaned from the " USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers" on the same page where you asked the question. Just download the pdf and the info should be readily available.

#6: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:45 am
    ----
Jim,

In the US and Canada, I'm tracking 1035 M60,A1,A2,A3, and M728 which I have photographic proof of existence. There are another 80 which I haven't been able to confirm, some of them I suspect were mis ID M48's or tanks that were placed in adjacent towns and reported incorrectly.

#7: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:20 am
    ----
Joe,

Thanks for this update. I may have to swing by there when I drive out to Tuscaloosa again next July.

#8: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:21 am
    ----
Joe,

Are you planning on checking on the M60 sn763 that's supposed to be right off of I-22 in Holly Springs, MS? The current Google Earth satellite view no longer shows it on site.

#9: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:40 am
    ----
Chris,

I documented her in 2009 and most recently in 2019. She's gone now and have no idea where she went, still looking.

#10: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:48 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Chris,

I documented her in 2009 and most recently in 2019. She's gone now and have no idea where she went, still looking.

Thanks Joe. I guess I'll cross that one off of my list for next year's visits.

#11: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:39 pm
    ----
Chris,

Went by the Holly Springs location to see for myself. VFW is gone and the pad she sat on was even removed and seeded over. If you didn't know the place was there before you would never think it existed by the way it looks now. Supposedly "The Army Took Her". Which makes me believe she's at Camp McCain or Shelby since it wasn't a civilian moving her to another location.

#12: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:49 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Chris,

Went by the Holly Springs location to see for myself. VFW is gone and the pad she sat on was even removed and seeded over. If you didn't know the place was there before you would never think it existed by the way it looks now. Supposedly "The Army Took Her". Which makes me believe she's at Camp McCain or Shelby since it wasn't a civilian moving her to another location.

Joe, looking beneath your post at "signature" I see a linky to "My M60 Gallery", but get the dreaded "404" notice when I click it. I gather you are another victim of the Photobucket debacle?

Have you maybe reconstructed it using (hopefully) another host?

#13: Re: M60 Located in Booneville Mississippi Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:40 pm
    ----
It's broken from what I see, I guess I need to find another photo sharing format that will work. Going to change my signature block until I do now.

-> AFV News Discussion Board