Paul Allen’s AFVS - any news?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Paul Allen’s AFVS - any news? Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:01 pm
    ----
Hi gang!

Allen’s Flying Heritage and Combat Armor museum is finished. Any news on what will happen with his collection of AFVS and such?

Thanks

#2: Re: Paul Allen’s AFVS - any news? Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:56 am
    ----
Is it finished for good, or just closed temporarily due to COVID? If it's gone for good, what a terrible thing. That was one of the most amazing aviation museums I've ever seen. I was only there once, in 2013, before most of the armour had arrived, but was really hoping to get back there again.

Cheers,

Scott

#3: Re: Paul Allen’s AFVS - any news? Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:46 pm
    ----
As it seems that Paul had no plans in place to address how the museum was to be operated after his passing which left his sister Jody in charge who always thought that FHCAM and several of his other philanthropic endeavors were a huge waste of money I have to believe it is done. The real writing was already on the wall after Jody took over the reins and before the COVID shut down when several of the Philanthropic organizations, including FHCAM, were told they would have to earn enough money to sustain themselves.

Imo the collection will end up being auctioned off and those things that are not sold will just end up in the scrap yard. Sad

Wheels

#4: Re: Paul Allen’s AFVS - any news? Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:25 pm
    ----
I have heard from a solid Warbird guy that FHCAM is done for good. Amazing collection - just heartbreaking that another collection is subject to the whims of surviving family. Littlefield, Allen. Bummer.

It really makes the argument for public museum collections but what museums these days have the acquisition budget that billionaires have? Not to mention the ‘pickling’ of planes and AFVs in public museums. I love to see historic armor running and historic aircraft in flight !!!

Glad to see that things are moving along at Benning for the Armor Collection.

-> AFV News Discussion Board