Aberdeen Proving Ground
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Aberdeen Proving Ground Author: Tankbuilder PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:33 am
    ----
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get information on military reports realized at Aberdeen Proving Ground ? All the captured vehicles were sent to APG for technical evaluation.
Are these reports still classified ? It is possible to get copies ?
I am more particularly interested in Japanese tanks & AFVs for the realization of studies.
Here are links to give you an idea of the work :

Type 4 Ka Tsu
drive.google.com/file/...sp=sharing

Renault Otsu Gata Sensha :

Jean

#2: Re: Aberdeen Proving Ground Author: Tankbuilder PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:23 am
    ----
The next project will be devoted to the Japanese SPG Type 4 Ho Ro.
Does anyone share information or pictures on the subject ?

Jean

#3: Re: Aberdeen Proving Ground Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:43 pm
    ----
I'm sorry, I just saw this. Folks don't stop by here often any more. Most of us have moved to Facebook. I started the Facebook group WWII-Cold War Armor which I try to run along the same philosophy as this group was run. It might be good to stop over there and ask.

I and a few other researchers had a chance to visit the TSF at Ft Lee which inherited much of the collection and records from Aberdeen. I found they have also acquired documents from NARA (I assume copies of some of the tons of documents that were sent there by Aberdeen during the big Army v National Archives 'pissing contest' many years back. They may be your best possibility. They are not open to the public but were told that they will attempt to accommodate access for researchers so it ay be worth contacting the curator down there. They are very poorly staffed so don't expect quick responses.

#4: Re: Aberdeen Proving Ground Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:30 pm
    ----
Thx, Bob.

#5: Re: Aberdeen Proving Ground Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:50 pm
    ----
Tankbuilder -look here and see if these photos of the Japanese SPG 4 displayed at the Collings Foundation AFVmuseum help out.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...-Hudson-MA

Let me know if you’d like access/downloads of my images.
Cheers,
VB

#6: Re: Aberdeen Proving Ground Author: Tankbuilder PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:04 pm
    ----
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the delay.

I'll try to contact the curator at Fort Lee and try on Facebook as soon as possible.

Thanks again !

Jean

-> AFV News Discussion Board