Notice anything new?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: Notice anything new? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:49 pm
    ----
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone and I think most of the bugs you see is due to cookies and cache settings from the old software. I'll clean the server cache and that may clear up some issues for you... Wink

Keep checking the site fellas, we're on a bug hunt..lol

Thanks for the input Shades and we have a tier level forums set up here too.. Wink

#17: Re: Notice anything new? Author: RAF92_WarhawkLocation: Houston, TX! PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:47 pm
    ----
Hey stoopy, I had the same problem... I just cleared out my cache and cookies and now its fine! Great job on the site guys!!!!!!

#18: Re: Notice anything new? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:04 pm
    ----
Okay, well, I cleared my cookies and my 'Temporary Internet Files' and still have it....but I'll go fuss around on another 'puter and see if it's the rig I'm on now.....

Hey can I suggest another thing?? thanks!

The Forum titles could be a bigger, more visible font and maybe color. Looking at the forum list, the most visible thing is the "moderator" assignment, which is in boldfaced, black letters, but the forum titles are blue, thin, small letters than get lost with the other text. Just one of those things that you notice when your eyes start getting tired.....

Comin' along nicely!

#19: Re: Notice anything new? Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:36 am
    ----
About the little blue symbols... and I'm getting really nit picky about this Wink

I kinda liked how the green/red ones looked like lights. Couldn't you just convert the green tint to blue? It would be pretty easy using the hexidecimal system, especially with an image that small. In fact, if you get me the images, I'll do it! lol

#20: Re: Notice anything new? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:37 am
    ----
Well, frankly I'm amazed!!!!

1) I came home and on my computerhere, the site looks MUCh better! So it mustbe my other mo-sheen, hmmm!

2) The Forum titles are now bigger, exactly as I had asked for in the previous post above!!! This is amazing!

Amazing in that these "posts" here are apparently read, parsed, and processed by the PHP software, it's not really forum software, but some kind of strange compiler, I suppose, that treats our posts as source code! You say it, and it happens! I have never, in my life, worked with such a forgiving and flexible programming language! I mean I thought COBOL was verbose, and C++ was flexible....this has it beat to shreds!

Amazing times we live in!!!!!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total

#21: Re: Notice anything new? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:39 am
    ----
- XcalibeR
About the little blue symbols... and I'm getting really nit picky about this Wink

I kinda liked how the green/red ones looked like lights. Couldn't you just convert the green tint to blue? It would be pretty easy using the hexidecimal system, especially with an image that small. In fact, if you get me the images, I'll do it! lol

See, Xcal..that's what I'm talking about.......watch it change soon! Its impressive!!! Sure, it's not the fastest compiler around, but man it parses like a mofo and the syntax legalities are out of this world!!

#22: Re: Notice anything new? Author: IMS_JoseCuervoLocation: NEW YORK,PARIS,LONDON,FADETTE PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:07 am
    ----
I like it Bushy, i doesn't make your butt look as big.

#23: Re: Notice anything new? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:15 am
    ----
- IMS_JoseCuervo
I like it Bushy, i doesn't make your butt look as big.
lolol

#24: Re: Notice anything new? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:22 pm
    ----
LOL Jose, I wonder if I can apply that to my....uh....I'm not sayin anymore! (she might be watchin)...lol

How to you like the new blue buttons? We liked the concept of the 'lit up' look buttons, but the colors were wrong, or in other words, it looked like a good idea at the time!...lol

Keep bug hunting fellas!

More cool stuff... Any registered member can post news on the main site page. It won't get posted right away as it has to get approved first, but we like this feature.

AND..we now have a new Events Calendar. We love the concept of members being able to add events of interest to a calendar and this new version is easier to use than the prior version.

We're still in the process of setting up a Content area. We'll be working on this today getting some categories sorted, but the geest of this is any member can post up Tutorials, Reviews, Game Tips, Help Subjects, Etc. in standard HTML or plain text. This will also allow us to bring in some older, still usable help pages from CC's prior sites. We've named this section Search and Rescue.

Did you notice the new "LinkToUs" page? Check it out, it's very cool! Click HERE!

And how about the new TeamSpeak Display? Do you like it? Try the link on the main menu too, we think you'll like that too... Wink

The new quick post box on the forums is one my favorites, but now, you have the use of a full WYSIWYG BB code editor in the main reply area too. Cool? We think so...:D

We can now post up polls (surveys) on the main site page. Keep an eye on this feature as we'll start posting questions on a regular basis and that is going to start soon.. Wink

Unfortunately, we did loose the site clock. I'm not sure how much anyone used that feature, but I did on days I had to watch the time. We haven't given up on that yet, and will try to get the older software ported over to use in the future is possible.

#25: Re: Notice anything new? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:08 pm
    ----
erm... how do I change my profile?
I seem to have lost a "[/b]" from my sig and I can't find the link in the new format.

Wink

#26: Re: Notice anything new? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:30 pm
    ----
It's a tad different than the other software and let me explain...

When you log into "My Account", the menu is no longer in front of you, but on the left side. Once you find that menu, the setting for changing things in your account including your signature is there... Wink

#27: Re: Notice anything new? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:21 am
    ----
Harrrrrrrrrr!
Gottit, tankee zurr.

#28: Re: Notice anything new? Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:47 pm
    ----
One other thing, could you find some way to make it more apparent that one has new messages? I don't see anything to that effect, and if there is, it isn't apparent. And Bushy, no need for that, thanks though Wink

#29: Re: Notice anything new? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:09 am
    ----
There's an option to allow a pop-up when you get a PM. (Go to your account/configuration/preferences and you'll see the option).

When you hit the site, the pop up comes letting you know you have new private message.. Wink

#30: Re: Notice anything new? Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:30 am
    ----
Maybe that's why our fellow JG300-Hoppa can't view the forums no more. He has an error message regarding cookies, and he gets "page not found" pages too. I asked him to check his privacy settings, but after reading this thread, I thing he's just not logged in. I'll ask him to check that.

-> Officer's Club