SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!!
-> FS2004

#1: SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:45 pm
    ----
WOOOHOOOOO!!!

This one's been around a while but DANG, it's gotta be THE favorite plane for general-purpose hosing around and doing aerobatics. Geez is this thing sweet! And, it's FAR more nimble and solid than it may look, think of the Extra 300 but without the twitchiness!! And, fully spinnable!

Beautiful VC, self-installing executable, good sounds, highly recommended.....available at avsim if ya don't have it.....

Description:
"A two seat, tandem configuration unlimited category aerobatic competition/trainer aircraft that is fully spinnable in FS2004. Initial release features 4 custom paint jobs. Features full moving parts and special openings. See readme for details. By the Long Island Classics Design Team. Gauges by Mike Wagner; sounds by Aaron Swindle. "

Download info/link:
library.avsim.net/esea...DLID=38338

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:51 pm
    ----
Mr. Green

Indeed Stoopy !

Great lil Aircraft to mock around with !!

thanks for the pointer !!

fled
Mr. Green

#3: Re: SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:00 am
    ----
Yeah, amazing kite indeed - in my hangar since more than a year, like all the other models by Long Island Classics: did you try the Aeronca and the Scout? Cool

Anyway, for those who missed the Super Decathlon, here is where you can take it:
-> library.avsim.net/esea...DLID=38338

"A two seat, tandem configuration unlimited category aerobatic competition/trainer aircraft that is fully spinnable in FS2004. Initial release features 4 custom paint jobs. Features full moving parts and special openings. See readme for details. By the Long Island Classics Design Team. Gauges by Mike Wagner; sounds by Aaron Swindle."

Filename: lic8kcab01.zip
Added: 31st October 2003
Author: Kevin Lechmanski (Long Island Classics)
Size: 9906kb

Marco

#4: Re: SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!! Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:34 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

that's a great shot Stoop, one it not my favorite i've seen so far

here's to the inverted passes !!!!:chug:

oh and did you pause it to get these shots? when i instant replay with smoke it always leaves the smoke trail, so like if i replay it my plane is covered in smoke, if ya know what i mean

~S~

#5: Re: SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:55 pm
    ----
I flew the one really long pass. Think might have turned smoke off when it was complete. Then, I hit replay, and paused it to get the shots.

The smoke trail length was something I lucked out on. Since the whole pass was fairly long, it allowed the smoke trail to dissapate between replays, actually the remanant of the 'tail' of smoke from the previous replay is somewhere about 200 feet in front of the aircraft in the replays. Just a lucky break!

I'm dying to take this plane up again and do some spins with the smoke on!!!!!!

#6: Re: SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!! Author: {92}WarhawkLocation: In the clouds PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:40 pm
    ----
wow! those are really cool shots stoopy!!

#7: Re: SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:31 pm
    ----
Hey you know I was wondering......anone know a way for smoke effects from other players to be visible in MP???? Or am it something I'm overlooking?

Yep, thinking about some smoke-on formation aerobatics here......knowwhutImean?

#8: Re: SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:41 am
    ----
I'm not sure you can't see them in MP. Wouldn't you have to have 'send and receive textures' on in your MP choices?

#9: Re: SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!! Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:31 am
    ----
Hey Stoops....

To the best of my knowledge i believe that effects are only visable to yourself and not others in Mulit-Player mode, unfortunately.

Had some experience with adding effects to the Doolittle Raiders B25's when we re-created the mission last year and none of us saw any of the bombs and Flak effects from eachother.

The send and recieve bit of FS9 will only make flight control surfaces and lights visable in MP. If you notice with say the Howard 500 if you open the curtains and doors say for example others wont see it, real shame imho Sad

#10: Re: SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:20 am
    ----
Hmmm. Maybe there's a good reason to go fill out that feedback questionaire at Avsim after all. The MP side of FS9 definitely is a little long in the tooth compared to other sims out there today, if anything I hope that particular aspect of the sim gets serious attention in the future...the rest is already great!

#11: Re: SSssmmokin' with tha Super Deke!!!! Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:57 am
    ----
Couldn't agree more...... with todays connection speeds and puter technology its begging for more MP features.

-> FS2004