Awesome COLOR images from First World War!
-> Officer's Club

#1: Awesome COLOR images from First World War! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:00 am
    ----
See the linky for full collection. The pics of the trench lines and no-man's-land are amazing...

www.mediatheque-patrim...romes.html

Colonial Vietnamese volunteer to the French Army:

#2: Re: Awesome COLOR images from First World War! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:04 pm
    ----
Impressive archive, Ascout, great find indeed!
I bookmarked the site, and invite you all to follow Ascout's suggestion Cool

Marco

#3: Re: Awesome COLOR images from First World War! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:09 pm
    ----
My french is pretty weak, how did you find the pics of no-man's land?

One thing I was struck by, is the amount of green in the pictures. I supopse all this time of seeing black and white, you think of the whole war as being fought in a brown, desolate world.

#4: Re: Awesome COLOR images from First World War! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:28 pm
    ----
Aww, heck....just go here, and step back and wait while it loads:

www.militaryphotos.net...hp?t=35524

#5: Re: Awesome COLOR images from First World War! Author: RAF92_STALLIONLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:04 pm
    ----
wow those are some nice pictures ascout thanks

#6: Re: Awesome COLOR images from First World War! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:38 pm
    ----
That's absolutely amazing. My great-gramps fought in WWII, German cavalry according to my grandmother. Seeing these pictures is an incredible feeling, as if seeing his world through his eyes, even though the pics are from the other side of the trenches.

Thanks very, very much for bringing this subject here.

-> Officer's Club