OPFOR UH-1H for you pilots
-> Officer's Club

#1: OPFOR UH-1H for you pilots Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:30 am
    ----
[img][/img]
This one of the 7 OPFOR Huey UH-1H's flown by the NTC's Opposing Forces at Ft. Irwin, CA. They actually fly out of Dagget Airfield just south of the post. I took this picture a couple weeks ago when I went there to photograph a museum Huey that was being stored there. The Duty Officer took me and my family around the flight line and hangers to see all the birds. I photographed all 8 Hueys.
The officer told me that they would soon be replaced by a civilian alternative and that bids were currently being looked at. It seems that the powers that be don't want an actual military helo playing OPFOR games anymore. He also said the Kiowas would soon be replaced in the same way.

#2: Re: OPFOR UH-1H for you pilots Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:33 pm
    ----
Beautiful!

#3: Re: OPFOR UH-1H for you pilots Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:14 pm
    ----
Nice 'chopper'. I bet if we look hard enough, we can find that in a FS2004 version...:D

#4: Re: OPFOR UH-1H for you pilots Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:34 pm
    ----
You should soon! I sent all seven pictures I had of all the birds to them for there use on that site. These OPFOR birds are popular. I had a guy in South Africa want the pictures for models he was making. This bird in the hanger was getting new rotor blades at the time. I love the sound of these OPFOR Hueys! I was BLUFOR here back in the late 90's and my whole mortar platoon got wiped out by one of the babies srafeing us over and over. There was no where to run or hide. We just rock-n-rolled our 50's and laughed as we knew we were toast. We were told later that the bird registered a few hits but nothing serious enough to kill it. [img][/img]

#5: Re: OPFOR UH-1H for you pilots Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:06 pm
    ----
"Ascout" tells me he posted some of Jeff's pics at Hovercontrol for repaint inspiration. Wink

-> Officer's Club