SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:43 am
    ----
ok this morning i had a call from Shadow_Draken Tony's x wife to say he passed away last sunday due to a heart attack, we were missing Tony for a week until i finally got a message thru, all i can say for the moment is that his x said he did not suffer, i will repost later with more info, and anyone needing news on this can contact me on msn or at Shadow_Banshee @ hotmail.com......

Tony was my wingman in cfs for the last 6 years, and finally my sidekick in joint operations, like me most of you that knew tony will sadly miss him..

Thanks Ban

#2: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Combat PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:07 am
    ----
I am very sorry to hear that...

My thoughts and prayers and condolences.

S~

#3: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:19 am
    ----
I'm sorry for the loss.

~S~

#4: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:46 am
    ----
Very sorry for the loss as well.

#5: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:01 pm
    ----
I've just sat here for 5mins staring at those words on screen, im stunned!! Dont know what to say......Tony was a class act and a regular source of much amusement on MSN with his messages that usually just came out the blue and had me rolling with laughter!!

I offer my sincerest of condolances to all that knew and loved Tony. I'm deeply saddened by this.

#6: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:03 pm
    ----
It's very sad news indeed. Draken came to the US a few years ago and hung out at my house as we traveled across parts of the US ending up at the Ohio Air Museum in Dayton. I must say Tony was more than just a fellow squadron member as he was my friend and my family and I'll miss him very much.

We've been in the same squadron since 1999 and although it's only been a few short years, it seems as if I've known Tony for a long time as his personable nature made him easy to like.

Here is the news I heard...

GOULD. Anthony John Raymond, aged 44 years, of River Vale, Braddan, on Sunday, February 13, 2005, suddenly, at Noble's Hospital much loved stepfather of Michelle, Joanne and Stephanie, beloved son of the late Maurice and Sue Ling and brother to Ken, Anita and Liana, a loving and devoted grandad to Natasha, Naomi and Jessica and great grandad to Aleeya and loving brother-in-law to Ray and Joan. He will be sadly missed by all his family and friends. Funeral arrangements later. All enquiries to Alfred Duggan and Sons Funeral Directors Ltd. Tel 673328.

Bye Tony, we'll miss you.

#7: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:10 pm
    ----
Though I never had the honor of flying with him, I can't believe that he is gone.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

Pilot Officer Gillespie Magee

#8: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:12 pm
    ----
Shocked

I don't know what to say................I'm schocked and like Jel I've been staring at the screen in utter disbelieve for quiete some time before it sunk in , Tony and I shared a lot of things with the sunday flights as we both acted as ATC's and had tremendous fun doing that also to the enjoyment of the gang that was flying.

It is a huge loss for the Com-Central family and I as we all will sadly miss him.

to you Tony !

I'll miss yer smart Ass remarks !

my sincerest condolances to his family and friends.

fled

#9: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:19 pm
    ----
Condolences and prayers from NS38th

#10: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:36 pm
    ----
This is sad news indeed........... Tony was a heck of a nice guy and flight sim pilot. He will be missed by all that knew him.

The RCAF wish to send the sincerest condolences to his family and friends. And to the Shadow squad for loosing such a very Great Man.

Tony may you for ever fly high and watch over your families online and offline.

~S~ My Friend I will miss you for ever.....

MD

Last edited by RCAF_MadDog on Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

#11: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: IDF_FalconLocation: 32.0110°N, 34.7720°E PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:53 pm
    ----
Its very sad and a big loss to for the sim community and for me.

I never imagined, I could be so sad for loosing someone I never met in person, but I guess that spending so many years and many hundred hours of flying with Tony in CFS, FS9, playing with him Ghost recon, America's army, and Joint operation. So many nights chatting or talking in audio and video conferences, you get to know someone, sometime much deeper than his closest friends.

Tony, now that you are flying with angels, I am sure you already in charge of their ATC, as you did in FS9, you will be always in our thoughts.

Sad Sad Sad

#12: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:03 pm
    ----
Bush just called me to let me know about Tony...I am in shock at this very sad news, I was just talking to him last week. I am deeply sorry for Tony's family and there loss of a great person, and to our loss of a good friend and fellow Com-Central member. Tony will always be remembered every time I fly FS9.

Take care my friend..it was an honour and a pleasure knowing you.

Last edited by 401RCAF_HitMan on Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

#13: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:16 pm
    ----
Regrets and condolences from here as well. Fleeting stuff, this life business....

#14: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: HA_Boon PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:38 pm
    ----
I dont know what to say either, Draken was one of the first guys i met on Cfs back when the game first started. He was a good man . Im sure he will be going to a good place. Would be nice if maybe we could all get together on cfs for a little memorial shootout on behalf of draken.. Im sure he would love that! May God be with ya draken!

#15: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: MrdcLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:07 pm
    ----
Very sad and Shocking news. Condolences From SOS, hope you're in a better place Sad

-> Officer's Club