Rhino and High Herman.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Rhino and High Herman. Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:12 pm
    ----
Just found this. Video of some 1950's experimental vehicles. The High Herman is a mine clearance device. The Rhino is.....well, you have to see for yourself.

Link works both in Firefox and IE, but as yet i have not found a way to save the video.

Requires QuickTime player.

www.efootage.com/view_...ip_id=2946

#2: Re: Rhino and High Herman. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:43 pm
    ----
"Rhino" looked to make a helluva' lot more sense than the screw thingies....

#3: Re: Rhino and High Herman. Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:35 pm
    ----
- Tumbleweed
That was cool! Wish I could save it. Were those M46's?

Hi TW! Hi Folks!

M46? Close but no. That was a M47 with the storage box removed from the rear of the turret.

Interesting vehicles.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: Rhino and High Herman. Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:45 pm
    ----
Hi Tumble! Hi Folks!

I thinking they removed the storage box. If not the first time the hit a live mine, that soft metal was ripped right of the mounting points.

I saw a lot of M47s setting around in Germany. Most of them were missing the storage box. A lot of the M60 units removed them and bolted them onto the bustle racks of their tanks. I don't know how water prouf they were, but you could put a pad lock on them to secure items.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: Rhino and High Herman. Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:08 pm
    ----
- Tumbleweed
That was cool! Wish I could save it.

I figured out how to save it. Problem is it's over 13MB in size, so too big to send via e-mail. The trick is you have to have QuickTime Pro, which i managed to "obtain" earlier this evening. If you have that, it's a snap to save the file.

-> AFV News Discussion Board