Memorial Day 2006 update
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:16 am
    ----
Hey all

I know several questions have arisen on the Patton Museums 2006 Memorial Day event.

A good reference for the most updated information:

Memorial Day 2006

A new addition to the website is quite a few photos from last years show. (I'm even in a few with my bullhorn & backpack!!! Wink )

FYI

#2: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:25 am
    ----
I'm planning on being there Sunday, then off to a driver's ed course on Tuesday and Wednesday. Smile

#3: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:27 am
    ----
I intend to be there for the duration...plus some!

#4: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:02 am
    ----
I wish I could be there. Meeting the famous "Dontos" would really make the visit worth while!!!

#5: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:29 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
I wish I could be there. Meeting the famous "Dontos" would really make the visit worth while!!!

Jeff, no need to blow smoke this way, I can't get you that raise!! Rolling Eyes

Thanks

#6: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:29 am
    ----
I wish I could be there too but I think I'll be in Hawaii that weekend. Hopefully next year as it looks like a great event to see and photograph.

#7: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:39 am
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
I wish I could be there too but I think I'll be in Hawaii that weekend. Hopefully next year as it looks like a great event to see and photograph.

It must be nice.... Cool

#8: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:50 am
    ----
- Dontos
- toadmanstankpictures

It must be nice.... Cool

Somebody has to do it Laughing

#9: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:45 pm
    ----
I've never seen any tanks in Hawaii. I did see a submarine once, though.

#10: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:23 pm
    ----
A popular style of womens' bathing suit is called the "tankini".

I'm just saying.

#11: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:41 pm
    ----
Oh, the Pearl Harbor Avenger BOWFIN? I took the tour of that and the USS Missouri, the Arizona Memorial and yes, there ARE tanks there!

US Army Museum

The Ha-Go and an M-24 were there when we visited in 2001. Pretty cool!

#12: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:42 pm
    ----
Well I didn't know about that museum! We did tour Pearl Harbor and the Bowfin the first time I was there, but the sub to which I was referring was actually out in the wild. We saw it from the shore while watching a luau. Smile

#13: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:41 am
    ----
I'll have to dig up some photos I have.

Having lunch IN the Missouri was wild!

#14: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:27 am
    ----
- Tumbleweed
I wonder if the 25th Infantry Division in Hawaii has tanks?

Hi Tumble! Hi Folks!

Not in Hawaii. The 25th's heavy units where stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington. That unit turned in it's tanks and converted to a RSTA Squadron for the 25th's Stryker BCT.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#15: Re: Memorial Day 2006 update Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:15 pm
    ----
The more the merrier....

-> AFV News Discussion Board