Another milestone in life reached
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: Another milestone in life reached Author: 401RCAF_Sly PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:49 am
    ----
Hi Folks

Yep it finally happened, despite years of denial and tryin to live the life of someone half my age, looks like I gotta slowwwwwwwww down.

yep on Saturday I became a Grandad

Anyways the question was asked what do I wanna be known as ?

Grandpa? Grandad ? Papa ?

Now I thought it would be interesting to find out what different terms were used in this global world we live in?

So shout up and let me know some different one's, heck may even have a poll on it ?

S~ Guys Sly

#2: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:06 am
    ----

Congrats Sly !!

here in the Netherlands we say "Opa" Laughing

fled

#3: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:56 am
    ----
Congrats Sly!!!!

Take it from me, Grandchildren are VERY special and yep, it's time to slow down and enjoy them... Wink

As far what they should call you, well, that's really up to you...or them..lol

#4: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:49 pm
    ----
Congrats Sly!!!!! my little Grand Daughter is already 2 years old.. man how time flies.

btw my grand daughter calls me "Gramp's"

#5: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: Uhu_Deenee PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:51 pm
    ----
Congratulations Sly!!

Still a few years for me to wait (hopefully), but I've been told the best part is giving the little ones back at the end of the day!! Wink

Well done to your new extended family!

Houdini

#6: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: 401RCAF_SteveoLocation: Albuquerque PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:39 pm
    ----
Wonderful news Sly!!! I reckon that is an excused absence from Nascar this past weekend Mr. Green . As far as what to call you, I think Methusala is fitting.

#7: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: 401RCAF_Sly PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:43 pm
    ----
Lol Steveo Razz

And thnx guys

at the minute POPS is favourite

Sly

#8: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:45 pm
    ----
Hey Sly, welcome to the world of 'pay-back-time'...LOL

When my kids complain about their kids, me and the wife just say, "You used to do it"

First you need to go out and buy a drum kit, a trumpet...let's see, what else?

When the grandkids run you ragged, you can give them back Smile

Got four of the little nippers here, don't know where they get the energy from...LOL

You may feel old now, just wait until you've been baby sitting...Then you feel how old you are... Mr. Green Mr. Green

But it's the best feeling in the world.

#9: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:26 pm
    ----
Congratulations, Sly!
Smile
Here the term is "nonno" (yes, twice no) - it might seem strange there, but it's quite easy to learn for babies - expecially when they show a premature polemical attitude Mr. Green

Marco

#10: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:54 pm
    ----
Congrats Sly! Or is that "O'Sly" now?

#11: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:05 pm
    ----
Congrats Sly Ive got one myself an at times I would like to keep him an at other times I cant wait on my son to pick him up lol

And your right I have no idea where they get that energy from lol

As far as what they call you I would consider letting nature take its course alot of kids will so called give you the nick that they are feeling best describes their relationship with you some come up with special names

For instance my Grandson calls me Grandpa but he calls my wife BooBoo lol

And everyone is right they are very special treasure them an use them to get even with your kids lmao

btw I thought i'd add this lol If I call him by name he gets upset an makes me call him GRANDSON lol I guess he wants acknowledgment that he is my grandson rofl

Last edited by RCAF_MadDog on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: 401RCAF_SteveoLocation: Albuquerque PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:41 pm
    ----
Given your reputation, maybe Grandpa manwhore.

#13: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: Hangman PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:44 pm
    ----
geeess...man we got a whole room full of old farts here..lol..I had no idea I was hanging out in the geriatric forums...I bet all you old Bas**** have your fonts on large don't you???..hehehe...

Congrats Sly!..

#14: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:56 pm
    ----
LMFAO Hang ,

Congrad's Sly ... Though grandchildren are hopefully MANY years away for me ... I can imagine the great feeling of seeing the next line of the family grow up .

We always called our gramp's "pappy" ... must be a southern thing.

#15: Re: Another milestone in life reached Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:01 am
    ----
Congrats Sly.... My first will be 4months old next month.....
Watch em grow and luv em.

-> Officer's Club