Cool Pictures
-> Officer's Club

#1: Cool Pictures Author: Jeffrey_ButtonLocation: Killeen,Tx PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:48 am
    ----
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
I thought these might be neat to post. What type of Sabre is that racing the truck?

#2: Re: Cool Pictures Author: Sabre45Location: West Texas PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:10 am
    ----
"What type of Sabre is that racing the truck?"

Lit-J, that's not a Sabre. That aircraft is a MIG. Not sure which one, possible a 15. Soviet Aircraft are not my forta.

#3: Re: Cool Pictures Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:27 am
    ----
Did you notice the FF on the F-15? That is from my hometown at Langley AFB the First Fighter wing. I was at the airshow this past summer when those Mustangs were here. Awesome sight! Where did you get that pic from?

#4: Re: Cool Pictures Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:13 pm
    ----
Yes that is a MIG 15 racing that truck.

#5: Re: Cool Pictures Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:26 pm
    ----
- jo_wingnut
Yes that is a MIG 15 racing that truck.

Actually, it's a MiG-17F, very similar to a 15, though. Here is a link to that entire sequence....

www.militaryaircraft.d...G-17F.html

#6: Re: Cool Pictures Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:35 pm
    ----
Thank you for the correction. You are right, they look very similar and it's easy to miss the subtle differences.

#7: Re: Cool Pictures Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:39 pm
    ----
My son found those pictures at strangemilitary.com. He views hundreds of photos there and picks the ones he likes to post here. There's worse things he could be doing and seeing so I don't mind at all. Both boys seem genuinely interested in aircraft of all types. Started when we found that crashed F-105D and researched it, now they're hooked.

#8: Re: Cool Pictures Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:26 pm
    ----
Both boys seem genuinely interested in aircraft of all types

Welcome to the darkside !

resistance is futile, you will be assimilated !

#9: Re: Cool Pictures Author: Hangman PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:21 pm
    ----
unplug your internet connection now!!!!!!!!..next thing you know they'll be hoggin your pc and flyin your sims and playin your racin games and shootin your bad guys and lookin at your por...never mind....ummmm....yeah aviation interest is great for them..lol..cool though, it's always a blast when one of your kids show a genuine interest in something you think is cool...my youngest is catchin the NASCAR bug, we're both going to our first live race this month at Atalanta Motor Speedway..we can't wait!

#10: Re: Cool Pictures Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:02 am
    ----
NASCAR huh? Thats a big theme in this house as well. I have to post this and then turn the PC over to Jeffrey before his bedtime, then its mine again. He'll probably find some more "cool" pics to post.

#11: Re: Cool Pictures Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:45 am
    ----

I get the camera out to take a picture of my daughter on the grain ben. Then all this planes and choppers show up and i think Com-Central had something to do with it Mr. Green

Mr. Green

#12: Re: Cool Pictures Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:36 am
    ----
Laughing Ed !

Great "tinkering"

fled
Laughing

#13: Re: Cool Pictures Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:00 pm
    ----
Thats a pretty cool grain-bin shot. My son, (who started this thread) will get a kick out of it!

#14: Re: Cool Pictures Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:15 pm
    ----
- CrashEd

What's with the switch in the upper left? LOL

#15: Re: Cool Pictures Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:15 pm
    ----
Don't Know really just thought it needed to be there LOL!! i just like making picture tubes for PSP and be able to paste them to other pictures. Makes for some cool and weird pictures. Mr. Green

-> Officer's Club