West Point question for ya's?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: West Point question for ya's? Author: Combat PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:52 am
    ----
First of all... HELLO! I've been at Com-Central for a long time and just noticed all the activity in this forum!

I'll be at West Point on Tuesday night to watch my nephew play Army in a college lacrosse game. My first visit that I'll remember. I was there as youngster with my dad but don't recall much from what was probably a great day for both of us! I will be taking my 6th grade son out of school early to get up there for a wonderful history lesson and hopefully a great game! Has any of you been to the Museum at West Point? Looking at the website it looks like there's some nice displays there!

For those of you familiar with West Point...Any other suggestions of things to check out while I'm there? I'll only have a few hours in the afternoon to check things out before the game so I'd like to see all I can in a short timeframe!

S~ Combat

#2: Re: West Point question for ya's? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:27 pm
    ----
Hi Combat! Hi Folks!

Sorry I can not help you with this one. I have never been any where close to West Point and that area of New York. Sad Sad Sad Sad

Just wanted to let you know we tread heads are not giving you the cold shoulder. Razz

I have a very sad feeling that maybe a couple of the troopers who have not reported in after the site PCS might have been able to help you. Sad

Sorry,
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#3: Re: West Point question for ya's? Author: Combat PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:14 am
    ----
Just wanted to let you know we tread heads are not giving you the cold shoulder

LOL

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated. I just got back ... Army beat my nephew's team... but it was a great game and a great day. West point was a great place to visit!

THANKS!

#4: Re: West Point question for ya's? Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:20 pm
    ----
Did you get any interesting pictures while there? I've never been to the "Point" either.

#5: Re: West Point question for ya's? Author: Combat PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 pm
    ----
we forgot the camera...

The "Museum at West Point" was great though. Got to see Hitler's gold plated pistol. Saw the artillery piece that was used to lob the first American shell against the Germans in WW1. Pretty neat story behind that too. Seemed the commander understood the historical importance of such an event and had his men fire the shot then drag the damn thing through the mud several miles to the coast to ship it back to the US for safe keeping. I could only imagine a great Spielberg movie just based on that event alone! There was a nice little tank there from WW1 too in the "Large Weapons Gallery". I actually thought of you guys at this forum when I saw that.

Sorry I forgot the camera.... My dad was a combat photographer in Korea. My brother and I have talked for months of transferring the 35mm slides to digital to post some of his work. Once done this will be a good spot for some nice pics.

Here is a link to the museum if anyone is ever in the area. Really an amazing place. www.usma.edu/Museum/

-> AFV News Discussion Board