GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!!
-> FS2004

#1: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:08 am
    ----
Hol-lee CRIPES!!!!!!!!!

One of the most gorgeous and notable classic "Golden Age" Thompson Trophy Racers has been entirely re-done for FS2004 by Warwick Carter, and ya can go download it from Netwings right now!

...ya gotta dig for it in their download lib'ary but this link oughta get ya close....lookie at the bottom of the page:
http://netwings.org/library/FS2004/Planes/index-2.html

She's a beaut! GNARLY engine sounds and F/X also, and a really good flight model (lotsa fun to try to grease onto the runway!). Here's some pix, firin' her up on the ramp, taxiing out to the active, trimming her for speed and working her around the pylons just like what she was made for....WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Small pix don't do her justice. Up close, the detail is excellent and the "City of Springfield" graphic on the cowl is very sharp and well done.

2D Panel...very funny and true statement on the dashboard plaque at the bottom....

VC....th'gauges are just....just...frikkin' works of art!

VC view, taxiing out...

Straight and level on the pylon course, winding it out for speed....

...and doing what she does best.....raising the pulse of the pilot!

Muchas Gracias to Warwick Carter and all else who worked on this excellent project.

And an excellent tribute to the work of the Granville Brothers and to Lowell Bayles who perished in this plane. Stuff like this really makes you appreciate the rich history of aviation and the people behind it.

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:44 am
    ----
Well I think the bosshawg deserves an extra helping of strawberries and choclate dip for this find........I go and get this bad dog right away.....

what got ya lookin' fer this lil' guy Stoop?.....wouldnt have anything to do with a wee bit o' geebee river racin would it......?... Mr. Green
enough said,,,,I gettin one right now......

#3: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:54 am
    ----
Sooooo glad you asked, Hoppa!!!

1930's Thompson Trophy Racers are my all-time favorite aircraft category and aviation history subject - bar none. Got many books on the subject that are all worn and tattered from constant re-reading, plus 3 different GeeBee R/C aircraft, one (Model "E") is 48" wingspan (that I actually raced at an R/C Fun-Fly pylon event once...so she's "the real deal"!) and the other (Model "Y") is a Giant Scale 94" wingspan that is undergoing slow completion, plus a 48" Gee Bee Z on the building board that'll have four-stroke power when it's done. No "R" models yet.....someday tho! I google every now and then for new material and happened to get a strike on this at Netwings!

Oh yeah....I could certainly see racing this thing, it'd be a damn shame not to!!!! Notice the pylon course I had her on?? Check th'new post in the "Other Sites FS2004 Events" section....
http://com-central.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3101

One could only pray that the PROPS folks might consider a "Thompson Trophy" race class using this plane as a base model.....maybe throw a Wedell-Williams in there, or Art Chester's "Jeep", or a Laird Super Solution......either way, I'm up for some ssssmmmokin' hot race action whenever, YEAH!!!

#4: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:24 am
    ----
Cool

WOW !!

What a dog of an aircraft, but oh man when you get it to do what you want Wink
Great lil' engine with some wings attached to it !! Laughing

and the idea of having a race with this baby seems the next logical step............................................

fled

#5: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:32 am
    ----
Looks like CC should host this file in the Download section...after it's made into an "EZ" file that is... Wink

#6: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:22 pm
    ----
Oh yeahhh....I don't know how to get ahold of Warwick Carter for permissions but let's hope that can be done!

What a dog of an aircraft, but oh man when you get it to do what you want Great lil' engine with some wings attached to it !!

and the idea of having a race with this baby seems the next logical step............................................

Oh that hurts, callin' baby a dog like that......have another glance at her well-filled curves and streamlined, flowing lines, so easy on the eyes and libido....she's a wicked-gorgeous full-figured lusty gal that yearns for a man who can appreciate her to take the controls!

As for racin'......you got that straight and perfect, it's just what this thoroughbred is made to do buddy.... let us discuss this a bit shall we!!?

#7: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:36 pm
    ----
Stoopy, I've downloaded and read the 'readme' file and the author only warns to 'not include in any kind of payware' programs or sites and since CC is FREE ...well now....lol

#8: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:59 pm
    ----
Excellent! You know me, install first, check readme later....

#9: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:44 pm
    ----
LOL...and you're different than us how exactly?..lol

#10: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:50 am
    ----
Oh hey man, y'all might DIG this......

I sent an email to PROPS Racing Head Honcho Gary Osif to turn him on to this release, with a little nudge-nudge about how she flits so nicely around the pylons, and he had this to say:

THANKS for the tip on the GeeBee!!!!! I've been wanting one for A LONG TIME for a Vintage Class and maybe even recreate some of the old races of the era. We are using the Warwick Carter T-6 for PROPS and he has been very gracious and helpful by editing the files for our particular needs.

Heh heh....Sooooooooo, its another good reason to get set up for this PROPS air racin' stuff. The above won't happen overnight, if it happens, but judging by the stuff these guys have done, the chances don't exactly suck, either!:D

No reason why we can't race her in the meantime also... maybe get some good repaints going as well huh?!!!

#11: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:21 pm
    ----
Excellent news Stoopy! I'll get the GeeBee up for download today sometime. You did 'point' him him the right direction didn't you?... (Shameless plugging again...lol)

#12: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:42 pm
    ----
Confused

by chance just saw a program about air racing in the 30's on Discovery Channel.

Also mentioned was that Jimmy Doolittle flew the GeeBee, his comment.......

this is the most dangerous aircraft I've ever flown !

he participated in the Thompson Air race and won, it was also his last race...........he considered it to dangerous and of no added value for aviation...........

fled
Confused

#13: Re: GREAT Gee Bee Model Z!!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:38 pm
    ----
To get this great new plane in CC's "EZ" install format: Click HERE!

-> FS2004