Patton Museum this weekend
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Patton Museum this weekend Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:51 am
    ----
We may be able to make a trip down to the Patton Museum on Saturday. Will anyone else be around? Smile

#2: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:33 am
    ----
I believe so. I should be around Saturday &/or Sunday.

Don

#3: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:03 am
    ----
Don, Will you be at the shop? I'd like to look at something on the Sheridan when I get a chance. I'll bet Chris would like to see that stuff. Maybe I can show him the motor pool I work at. It's mostly 'wheely things' though.

With gas what it is I wonder if any of them folks out in West Virginia have developed a coal-fired car? The environmentalists would cringe.......

#4: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:16 pm
    ----
Environment? Screw the grandkids...gas is expensive now. Wink

Wheely things are interesting as well, Mark. We'd love to see your motor pool. Smile

#5: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:51 pm
    ----
Let me know if you're going to be here. I'll see if we can get something together. (Actually, I'll take you out and rob you. Anyone who can afford a road trip must be rich LOL!)

#6: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:08 pm
    ----
Just remember to avoid Louisville on Saturday. Being the "First Saturday in May", the town will be clogged with people going to the Kentucky Derby and all the festivities associated with it.

I'm always around, almost walking distance from the museum.

#7: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:53 pm
    ----
Took a few shapshots in the last few days

Here ya go Roy & Doug,....

This one is for Ole Top,...

More to come as I get them downloaded...
Enjoy
Don

#8: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:01 am
    ----
As for the OIF Abrams,....

Don

#9: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:04 am
    ----
Drool, Drool!!! Man, you are one lucky dude to be there doing what you love! What kind of camera are you useing?

#10: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:07 am
    ----
My little Kodak Easy share CX6230.

Photos run around 500k so I down size them so not to upset the 'moderators'.

Don

#11: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:07 am
    ----
Tumbleweed, just like Domino's drivers, I carry less than $20. Wink Thanks for the tip, Sabot. We're planning on driving over Friday evening and using all of Saturday for museum time and whatnot. If anyone wants to join up, shoot me a PM and we'll work something out. Smile Nice shots Dontos; those new exhibits look good. Thanks!

#12: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:16 am
    ----
- Chris_C
Tumbleweed, just like Domino's drivers, I carry less than $20. Wink Thanks for the tip, Sabot. We're planning on driving over Friday evening and using all of Saturday for museum time and whatnot. If anyone wants to join up, shoot me a PM and we'll work something out. Smile Nice shots Dontos; those new exhibits look good. Thanks!

Don't worry about TW. Just carry a photo of a sheridan with you. When he attempts to stop you, throw it on the floor and he'll immediately scramble to pick it up. Just walk away as hes hugging the new found photo... Laughing Laughing Laughing Mr. Green

Work starts around 0830 (in MP) but I'll buzz by the Museum around 10.

Bring a camera and some walking shoes.... Wink

Don

#13: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:28 am
    ----
Great, thanks a lot! We may have a couple of cameras, and I'll have extra batteries and maybe a spare memory card. Wink

#14: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:31 am
    ----
Thanks very much to Dontos and Tumbleweed for showing us around today. We both had a great time and really appreciated your time and knowledge; thanks a lot. Smile I dunno what the plans are on Memorial Day, but if the group can capture them they'll prove to be excellent tour guides.

I'd also like to thank all the Kentucky law enforcement officers (some of whom drive new Impalas instead of Crown Vics...) who apparently have a pretty high speed tolerance threshold. Wink

And a bit of advice for those driving down for Memorial Day: Be prepared for some vehicular paint maintenance upon your return. Shocked

#15: Re: Patton Museum this weekend Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:04 am
    ----
- Chris_C

And a bit of advice for those driving down for Memorial Day: Be prepared for some vehicular paint maintenance upon your return. Shocked

Chris...

Two words.....

..."rental car"

(well, that's my plan....)

Laughing

-> AFV News Discussion Board