Military Flights
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#181: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:36 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
rgr, did some brief initial testing with the chopper and must admit that it looks and feels GREAT !!

Will do a more thorough shakedown tomorow ( it's getting a bit late at this end Laughing )

and if anyone is interrested I could cook up a lil "EZ-installer" for the Skyraider over the weekend Wink

fled

I could use an installer....I buggered my gauges in that one. Rolling Eyes

#182: Re: Military Flights Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:43 pm
    ----
Remarkable!

#183: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:18 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
It will of course require a nice set of beach scenery but it looks like we have our second mission all figured out. And those boards look much better with their proper markings.

OPERATION BIG KAHUNA!

pbbbbbbtt!! Ccchhh..uckkkgrrg....kkllkk...cough cough...

Gawldarnit, I was chewin on a brownie when I saw this, and swallowed it the wrong way and dang near choked to death!!!

THAT is without a doubt the most uber-Gnarly, totally righteous, slickest, most tubular friggin' dang radical full-on aggro awesomely stellar, amped-out, way-shway and ultimately NOICE, epically nar-nar mad mint rotary stick-totin' war woodie I've EVER set eyes on or ever will!!!!!! WOW!!!!

TOTALLY STOKED AND FULLY PSYCHED BY THAT!!!!!!!!!!

#184: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:34 am
    ----
I see a new mission profile....a UH-1 carrying a payload of critical Schlitz is down near Aloui in the A Shau valley and needs IMMEDIATE extraction and recovery!

Why aren't these repaints being uploaded....HUH?!

#185: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:45 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- Uhu_Fledermaus
rgr, did some brief initial testing with the chopper and must admit that it looks and feels GREAT !!

Will do a more thorough shakedown tomorow ( it's getting a bit late at this end Laughing )

and if anyone is interrested I could cook up a lil "EZ-installer" for the Skyraider over the weekend Wink

fled

I could use an installer....I buggered my gauges in that one. Rolling Eyes

I second the motion, Fled. We need to pack it up and since you have all the repaints already that would be most excellent.

#186: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:22 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
I see a new mission profile....a UH-1 carrying a payload of critical Schlitz is down near Aloui in the A Shau valley and needs IMMEDIATE extraction and recovery!

Why aren't these repaints being uploaded....HUH?!

I was thinking these particular models could be offered up with some beach scenery............ay...........what ya think?

The boards and beer are modeled in so they would have to be offered as new models but could easily be setup up to where you could add them the current uh1c and oh6 files if you have those.

#187: Re: Military Flights Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:07 am
    ----
Cool

ComC_A1A_v7.06 uploaded in the "EZ repaints" section it's a complete lock, stock and barrel ready to rock "EZ-installer" and weighs in at 16,9 mB

get it here

fled
Cool

#188: Re: Military Flights Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:01 am
    ----

Announced on the main page of CC... Wink

#189: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:16 am
    ----
OK we have:

- Yellow smoke at the LZ's.
- Revised Flight PLans for relocated LZ points.
- SE Asia SRTM LOD9 terrain mesh consolidated (to save space I removed some Thailand BGL files since they are very well outside the operational area).
- Fr8ycat's OH-6A Loach, DB's UH-1 U.S. Army, Blues Bro's CH-47, and the A1-A/D/H Skyraider consolidated with full gauges. effects, module module files etc.
- Exploding Bomb effect assigned to the "O" key (taxi/landing light) of the Skyraider (not visible to other players in MP but gratifying for each pilot should they choose to make a run on the targets marked at Khe Sanh).
- A "hook" for Phu Bai included in the install file structure for automatic inclusion at such time when it is deemed ready by the designer/artist.

In work:
- Polish/finish installers - in talking to Bushy, he suggests that the SE Asia SRTM mesh be kept in a seperate, optional (but HIGHLY recommended package). Makes sense too, it's 100MB when installed even when extraneous areas are not included per above.
- Updated map showing flight plans for each team.
- Updated Mission briefing.

Anything missing from the above??

#190: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:39 am
    ----
Hey Stoopy,

Do me a favor and make sure that second panel (panel.1) is removed. Unless I'm mistaken it was still in the last installer I checked out.

For any testers that have the Beta OH6 and might have 2 panel folders in there you can remove "panel.1", it doesn't do anything. Leaving it won't hurt anything either.

#191: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:41 am
    ----
AH!

Will do sir!

#192: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:13 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- A "hook" for Phu Bai included in the install file structure for automatic inclusion at such time when it is deemed ready by the designer/artist.

The art-teest is pleased to report he installed 8th RRU trailers from Al Simms today that are dead ringers for the real item. The terminal, custom built, is under construction....I MAY have it before leaving for Brasil, but that ain't up to me....

It should be a knockout!

#193: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:03 am
    ----
Excellent!

In the meantime, a question/suggestion....

The install files will be ready for testing (of course, not done until we're happy with everything, but somewhat ready for a quick look-see) very soon.

When we get to that point, I imagine we may have several folks who would like to test the whole thing out, and especially in MP.....with maybe at least one person doing the helo flight plan, and another doing the Skyraider flight plan.

That would make several possible people to PM with download links. OR, we could use the "Com-Central Development Team" forum to share those links to the limited folks who would join and see that forum. Is that a good idear ya think?

#194: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:46 am
    ----
And here's the first test from the installers (Part A is essential aircraft and helos, Part B is the SE Asia SRTM terrain mesh).

Laying down some close air support on a suspected mortar/machine gun nest near the Ruong Ruong Valley LZ....marked by yellow smoke. The Skyraider here is a Navy "Spad" from probably the wrong theater and era that wanted to join the effort anyway.

#195: Re: Military Flights Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:24 am
    ----
me thinks the "Com-Central Development Team" forum is the best place to tinker and iron that out Stoopy Wink

Looking forward to get my hands on the other goodies ! Wink

btw, I also have a Big E here stashed, would that be an idea to place that somewhere of the coast in the area ??

fled
Cool

-> FS2004