Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#46: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: JG27_Tanker PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:05 pm
    ----
Klaus sure bring your Wulfs over, but dont have them pee on my Mustang... Razz

~S~ Tank

#47: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:59 pm
    ----
S! All !

I would like to thank all that participated with the cfs1 bash to Tony's memory.

I'm shure he would have a big grinn on his face watching us struggle again as we where novices in there

cheers to you Tony
may you fly with angels and you are in our harts forever

fled

Last edited by Uhu_Fledermaus on Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

#48: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:05 pm
    ----
Rgr that Fled,
It was a very special day to pay respect to Tony. And to have Ken, Tony's brother to join us in the ridge and a special private chat in MSN was a very nice ending to a special memorial fight nite for the man that was respected so highly.

To all that showed up to talk and fly and pay repects, MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU ALL ! ~S~

Tony would have been honored to see such a turnout.

#49: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:30 am
    ----
Was great fun guys and a great honour to be a part of it and in the presence of such great pilots. Just hope some of you bastages get back there more often now. It's an old dinosaur but still the most simple, fun game there is.

Sorry for shooting at, and colliding with, Boon on the runway which was an outrageously unfortunate sequence of co-incidental accidents. (rofl) Razz

SW_Dugite sends his apologies but, being in Oz, he was working. He was with us in spirit.
EURO_CoSBruiser was also working but just manage to make the arrival of "Xenthar_bro1" (lol) at the end of the show.

Well done to all.

~S~
Cool

#50: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:34 pm
    ----
I was only able to join a handful of you's in the CC Team Speak channel...Seem's the Zone won't load for me no more...lol.

Was a hoot to talk to some of you old timers again.~S` all- we should really do this again somtime.

#51: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: JG27_Tanker PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:38 pm
    ----
Yes it was loads of fun Sunday, shooting Ole Bushy's plane up and watching the antics at the Airbase.

I hope some of y'all get a chance to mount your old cfs 1 planes and mix it up again.

~S~ Tank

#52: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:56 pm
    ----
91 people in ridge! thats a record these days, thanks everyone who took time out to show support, Sin even went out n bought a new joystick just to play a few games.. Sin i'll give you $20 if u finished with it but you pay the postage lol...

Tonys Brother Ken finished the night off with his visit, was a fitting end to the great support in Tony's memory..

As for doing it again i dont think many like the bad mouth antics that seem to dominate ridge these days, those guys in there that continue to assault with verbal trash only have them selves to blame that not many old timers will return on a regular basis, in my opinion it was a chance lost by the now ridge comunity to up there numbers, these few have spoiled it for the others who showed respect to someone they never even knew.

Also thanks to the +guys n girls and Lisa for turning up..

Anyone that sent flowers i have recieved pics of these, Jerry will post them on com, if you would like me to send the pics just email me..

Ken and Tonys family would like to thank each and every one of you for this support, they are truely touched by what you all did.

Many Thanks Banshee (Shadow_Squad) we Salute you all....

#53: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:57 pm
    ----
Thanks Ban...I was going to post earlier, but I was lost for words..you pretty much said it all. Ken, if you read this post..it was a pleasure talking to you.

Tony..S! .. you will always be with us bud!

#54: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:15 am
    ----
Hiya Ban,

Ya shouldn't let the bad-mouther's run u off of a fun flt sim. There's still a lotta great people there and new blood coming through all the time. The 'Tourettes Brigade' are in the minority (and possibly have one or two psychological problems to sort out).

I was in a game with someone (about the 3rd day I started flying CFS online) and we were a man down. One of the guys who was in the game said, "Wait here, I'll go and attack someone in main to get them mad enough to fly against me and that'll bring our numbers up".
I left the game as well and, since that day nearly four years ago, I've never flown in the same room as any of those twits.

I reckon that's one way of dealing with 'em. The other is to ignore 'em completely (only takes two clicks of a mouse button). Some of 'em don't even have the game installed. You gonna let them spoil ya fun and stop u shootin Boon?

I'm sure there's many would like to see you in CFS from time to time m8, and it's a poorer place without you and folks like you.

~S~
Cool
p.s. Can I shoot @ Boon again?? Twisted Evil

#55: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: Cpl_Gazz_1Location: RAF Coningsby, Licolnshire PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:22 am
    ----
i do appologize for my No show but got called out on a job , so again sorry for my absence and will see u guys again soon .....(fingers Crossed)

Gazz

#56: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: dodo PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:43 am
    ----
Nice to c all those old name

i try to fly w all but my current time is bad

good fly all anyway

i send a kiss to The Tony

Dodo

#57: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: Guest PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:45 am
    ----
- Shadow_Banshee
91 people in ridge! thats a record these days, thanks everyone who took time out to show support, Sin even went out n bought a new joystick just to play a few games.. Sin i'll give you $20 if u finished with it but you pay the postage lol...

Tonys Brother Ken finished the night off with his visit, was a fitting end to the great support in Tony's memory..

As for doing it again i dont think many like the bad mouth antics that seem to dominate ridge these days, those guys in there that continue to assault with verbal trash only have them selves to blame that not many old timers will return on a regular basis, in my opinion it was a chance lost by the now ridge comunity to up there numbers, these few have spoiled it for the others who showed respect to someone they never even knew.

Also thanks to the +guys n girls and Lisa for turning up..

Anyone that sent flowers i have recieved pics of these, Jerry will post them on com, if you would like me to send the pics just email me..

Ken and Tonys family would like to thank each and every one of you for this support, they are truely touched by what you all did.

Many Thanks Banshee (Shadow_Squad) we Salute you all....

It's not just ken.... its all the other side of the family to.. his wife for instance?

#58: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:58 pm
    ----
That post was prompted by ken for me to say thank you from him and the family, Ken attended the fly off and asked me personally in chat after. Anyone else concerened that wishes to say thank you feel free, i was not intending to miss anyone out just responding to a request.

These pages are for all to use and show respect or thanks as they see fit, tributes from both sides of the family were posted at the outset of this forum string, taken from an isle of man community site.

All contact to me has been posted if the parties wished it so, anyone wishing to say thanks can either ask me or feel free to post their own tributes.

Had Tonys wife asked i would have posted her thanks, but i feel it would be rude of me to post messages on others behalf without being asked.

Sorry if this has offended anyone.
Shadow_Banshee (Mick)

#59: Re: Shadow_Drakens CFS1 Memorial Bash Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:41 am
    ----
You did a great job on Tony's behalf, Ban.
I'm impressed he has such a loyal friend.
Nobody's offended and we're grateful to have been given a chance to show our respect for Tony.
Nobody did it it for anyone's thanks, though it was rather poignant when Ken dropped in.
I feel for everyone who knew him; family and friends, online or off.

~S~
Cool

-> Officer's Club