And you though the Stryker MGS was a bad design?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: And you though the Stryker MGS was a bad design? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:06 pm
    ----
Cope a look at this - Cuban! There is also a much more sensible version with a BMP-1 turret.

Cool

#2: Re: And you though the Stryker MGS was a bad design? Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:16 pm
    ----
Jim,
I was thinking the exact same thing after I saw the post on Military_Recognition!

BTW, I wonder if the general from Belarus picked up his tie-clip at the Cuban Army PX?

#3: Re: And you though the Stryker MGS was a bad design? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:32 pm
    ----
Those hats crack me up...if anything, they're bigger than "Fearless Leader's" from Rocky and Bullwinkle!

I like the tie clip, though... Wink

#4: Re: And you though the Stryker MGS was a bad design? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:47 pm
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
Jim,
I was thinking the exact same thing after I saw the post on Military_Recognition!

Now its been 'outed' I can add a few more images of it to my web site!

BTW, I wonder if the general from Belarus picked up his tie-clip at the Cuban Army PX?

I've seen them advertised on the internet somewhere... IIRC you can get other weapons and a few vehicles as well.

#5: Re: And you though the Stryker MGS was a bad design? Author: Cloudy PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:03 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Those hats crack me up...if anything, they're bigger than "Fearless Leader's" from Rocky and Bullwinkle!

Those hats are getting to be hilarious. At this rate, the peak will be approaching vertical by the end of the decade - and they'll probably be sticking feathers in it...

Last edited by Cloudy on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: And you though the Stryker MGS was a bad design? Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:04 am
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
Jim,

Heck, I wonder if he realizes he is wearing his 10-year-old son's tie!

C

#7: Re: And you though the Stryker MGS was a bad design? Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:03 am
    ----
In 1991 or 92 I was on an honour guard for a Soviet general of the armoured corps visiting the Commander of Mobile Force Command of the Canadian Forces. Besides feeling unnerved at doing a Present Arms for a man only a few years earlier I would have happily killed, I did notice no one in the general's party was dressed alike. They all had different shoes and various shades of brown uniforms.

#8: Re: And you though the Stryker MGS was a bad design? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:21 pm
    ----
Good thing I didn't take another drink of coffee before I read that "wearing his 10 year old sons tie" comment! Laughing

That cracked me up!

#9: Re: And you though the Stryker MGS was a bad design? Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:00 pm
    ----
Lets set up an arena. This vehcle versus MGS versus Rooikat, all going at it Gladiator-style!
You gotta admit, the concept of a lightweight welded T55 turret is intriguing - not exactly threatening, but intriguing.

And about that hat, let's set up another arena. That hat versus those ill-fated U.S. Army berets versus the old Ronald Reagan era "Busby Berkley" White house color guard! Twisted Evil

#10: Re: And you though the Stryker MGS was a bad design? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:40 pm
    ----
- mike_Duplessis

And about that hat, let's set up another arena. That hat versus those ill-fated U.S. Army berets versus the old Ronald Reagan era "Busby Berkley" White house color guard! Twisted Evil

No, but if you substitue the Army green kepi's from the 50's for the White House Color Guard, now that'd be a fight worth watching! Or even the dreaded issue "baseball cap" from the 60's-70's (that everyone with a shred of pride ditched for one from the PX or anywhere else but the quartermaster....)

-> AFV News Discussion Board