Are ya Jealous Yet!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:05 pm
    ----
Sunday at 7 am CST I will be flying to Pecos TX to a fly-in Breakfst in the Desert Squadrons PT-13 Stearman. Cool
Oh man my hands are shaking right now with excitement.

I've never been aloft in a Bi-Plane. I flown in a PT-19 a couple of times, but never a Stearman. This time there will be pictures to follow.
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuWEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#2: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:08 pm
    ----
OHHHHHHHHHH MAANNNNNNNN!!!!!

The answer is......

YES!

Very Jealous!! LMAO!!!!

Sounds AWESOME.......and it's not a flight around the airport ina circle, but a cross-country.....cool! How long is the flight?

#3: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:32 pm
    ----
Pecos is about 75 driving miles West, so I figure 45 to 55 minutes flying time depending on the wind. I'll probably have to do the flight on FS9 just to see.

#4: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:34 pm
    ----
WOW !!

Absolutely AWESOME 1Bullet !!

Looking foward to them piccie's Wink

fled
Cool

#5: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:45 pm
    ----
You do, of course, expect to suck up and beg for some stick time, yes? It's the "Wild Sau" way!

#6: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:22 pm
    ----
Awesome. Look forward to the pics.

#7: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:42 pm
    ----
I'm sure when I show him this picture I'll get some stick time don't ya think? Shocked
Flying through the barn does take some skill!

Or maybe I shouldn't Rolling Eyes

#8: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:47 pm
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet
I'm sure when I show him this picture I'll get some stick time don't ya think? Shocked
Flying through the barn does take some skill!

Or maybe I shouldn't Rolling Eyes

Or....it might kill yer chances. Wink

#9: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:16 pm
    ----
Too cool 1Bullet,I'll bet were all looking forward to seeing the pics !

#10: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:01 pm
    ----
... I'm jealous..did not fly for more than a month. I wish you a good time, and time at the commands.

#11: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:03 pm
    ----
Mr Ascout......... I did get some stick time Mr. Green
SuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuWeeeeeeeeeeeee
The pics and story are up in the officers club. I just wanted everyone to drool over em....................LOL
Have a great day and week!

#12: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:17 pm
    ----
Cooooooooooooooooooooool 1Bullet !!

THANKX !!

fled

#13: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:00 pm
    ----
You bet Fled.... Believe me when I say It is my Pleasure to share with ya'll

#14: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:29 pm
    ----
Absolutley FAR OUT 1Bullet......LOVED the pics and the story. Especially the parts you described about the feeling of flying again, the lightness of the controls, the slipstream threatening to take your hat off, and the sound of the engine. All stuff I remember from my last flight over a year ago which was in a T-6...and in which my Indians hat got blown off when I was getting in with the engine running.....my son chased it down for me on the ramp after we taxied out...

#15: Re: Are ya Jealous Yet! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:54 am
    ----
an AT-6 OH YEAH. Thats one I would like a ride in too. They have one over at the High Sky Wing in Midland. Heck maybe some day..........Hey During the Fina-CAF airshow they base alot of AT-6s over at our hanger! HMMmmmm...........

I've flown in a BT-13 before. My Uncle had one for a time. Even got to ride during an airshow in Breckinridge, Tx. That was way cool. Lots of planes all around. There were actualy 4 based at Schleymeyer field for a while. they were called the "Flight of 4" They flew airshows and did Formation Demos. Finger 4, diamond, echelon.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum