Latest from APG (much better weather this time) *PIC*
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Latest from APG (much better weather this time) *PIC* Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:33 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

I used my zoom to to get this side shot of the two T23s in storage... Still cant find anything to identify an RN, etc... Oh yeah, and no idea what that is sticking out of the hull MG port on the nearer one. Supposedly they were used as a camera mount or something like that on a range, maybe it had to do with that...

Neil

Ed Heasley and I have looked over the T-23s pretty well and could not find any stamped serial numbers, only casting marks. The next step would be to look at the paint with the light at the right angles and see if we could see the hint of any registration markings.

One problem is that they are in a fenced yard that also contains training equipment so access is difficult (Ed doesn't control the key directly)

#17: Re: Latest from APG (much better weather this time) *PIC* Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:52 pm
    ----
I wonder if they might still have the data plates inside? I assume you're saying no...

Neil

#18: Re: Latest from APG (much better weather this time) *PIC* Author: DirkLocation: South Africa PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:32 am
    ----
- bsmart
I think the British Mk VI Light tank is in refurb now, they might be from that. But there are various tracks laying around the refurb facility that have been there for a while (look at the KV-1 photo) so matching any set with a vehicle would only be a guess. I am pretty sure the museum doesn't have a Bren or Universal carrier in it's collection.

Thanks for the reply .

The AFVs pictured looks great - good work !

My Google-Fu releaved a Vickers Medium Mk II at APG - has this tank been relocated or is it still at APG ? (Don't know how old this info is !)

Thanks - Best regards

Dirk

#19: Re: Latest from APG (much better weather this time) *PIC* Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:25 am
    ----
Yes, there is.

Neil

#20: Re: Latest from APG (much better weather this time) *PIC* Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:05 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
I wonder if they might still have the data plates inside? I assume you're saying no...

Neil

I don't know about inside. I don't think I would fit to well to go looking.

-> AFV News Discussion Board