"Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#91: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:55 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Ascout,

1. this "piramid" is to the left in front of RWY 9

2. there is a noticable improvement in the average FPS on the whole, still some "heavy" spots, but as long you don't fiddle to much with views, I think it's OK

3. Captain Sim Legendary C-130 in USAF 70's colourscheme

4. I'll make a topview pic for the "piramid" with coords

fled
Cool

Fled,
The pyramid looks to be "out of the area" of interest, regarding altitude...beyond my "flatten" area boundaries. Not a big deal.

Good to hear about the frames improvement...that was my distinct impression also. I removed one of Andrej's fancy hangars and the last of the complex "office" from the "20macros" set from another source. I will try dumping the other fancy hangar and see what happens...I have lots of hangars to choose from and those are pretty complex. I dropped some barracks over at the camp as well.

Got a link for the Herc? Is it free? (OUCH! I guess NOT!) I'm on the "Bushy Budget". Wink

#92: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:00 pm
    ----
here some screenie's for the "pyramid"

www.com-central.net/us...BFb_16.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...BFb_17.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...BFb_18.jpg

As for the Herc ........................... it's Payware Rolling Eyes

Alltough I know some good looking alternative Herc's as well, I'll try and find 'm for you, at least I must have one stashed somewhere .................

note to self : go look for that Herc for Ascout !

fled
Cool

#93: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:40 pm
    ----
Doug, check at www.pmstone.com/ for a good C-130, and there are add on textures that can be added for the 1960 period can be obtained from either simviation or AVSIM.

Last edited by RCAF_Wingnut on Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

#94: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:44 pm
    ----
Fled,
I'm not home to check at this moment, but I don't recall that "pyramid" and I've flown over that area quite a few times en route to the camp. I'll look again when I get home.

Anyone else see this?

It isn't a big deal, but might indicate other things....

#95: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:45 pm
    ----
Ascout,

I've double checked it, also with SEA mesh disabled I have the "pyramid" at the same location Confused

fled
Confused

#96: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:54 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Ascout,

I've double checked it, also with SEA mesh disabled I have the "pyramid" at the same location Confused

fled
Confused

I just checked it both ways...and I ain't got no pyramid. Don't worry about it though, I'll let you have yours at no extra charge, because you're a good C-C member. Wink

You might want to disable the scenery altogether and see if it's still there, though. Start flight V V P B.

Anybody else see this?

#97: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:02 pm
    ----
OH ! Goodies !! I've got a freebie all for myself !!! Laughing

btw, Ascout, I've send you a lil PM that I think you would appreciate Wink

fled

#98: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:13 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
OH ! Goodies !! I've got a freebie all for myself !!! Laughing

btw, Ascout, I've send you a lil PM that I think you would appreciate Wink

fled

The message was most welcome, O Mouse that Flys...but the linky she'a no worky.

Thought that counts, though!

#99: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:29 pm
    ----
chekka ya post

bend fingers made typo

lemme know if this one did the trick Wink

fled

#100: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:47 pm
    ----
p.s. when de-activated addon scenery "pyramid" was gone, so must be lil extra in that scenery bgl

fled
Cool

#101: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:53 pm
    ----
I ain't got no dang pyramid, I feel cheated!!!

Should we name it "Fled Hill"????

#102: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:57 pm
    ----
Coords are :

N 16* 24,03 E107* 41,61

fled
Wink

#103: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:34 pm
    ----
I checked out the scenery and I must say it's REALLY NICE! Great job Ascout!

Now, there are 2 things that I noticed. 1 is minor and don't mean didley and the other is somewhat of a larger minor concern. The first one has to do with the group of guys standing by the airport terminal. That looks as if it's a real pic (Probably an Easter Egg from Doug...:) and a couple guys are standing 'off' the ground at a certain angle) and the other is frame rates.

The frame rates at times drops into the single digits (mine was 7.8 FPS) when coming in from the west in particular returning to base. The good news is, the closer you get the better the frames become and it doesn't seem to last a long time, perhaps a minute or less. I'm not sure how this will effect MP with more aircraft involved and this should be explored to see if it's really a big problem or not.

I must say this is an OUTSTANDING job on this scenery and one can tell a LOT of work went into this.

#104: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:45 pm
    ----
No Pyramid....errr.....Fled Hill, at those coord's for me either. Just installed the latest version also, and yep I do see a general improvement in FPS, still single-digits (8 and 9's) flying past all the revetments, but it's real understandable and really not a problem for me.

#105: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:03 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Now, there are 2 things that I noticed. 1 is minor and don't mean didley and the other is somewhat of a larger minor concern. The first one has to do with the group of guys standing by the airport terminal. That looks as if it's a real pic (Probably an Easter Egg ) and a couple guys are standing 'off' the ground at a certain angle) and the other is frame rates.

The frame rates at times drops into the single digits (mine was 7.8 FPS) when coming in from the west in particular returning to base. The good news is, the closer you get the better the frames become and it doesn't seem to last a long time, perhaps a minute or less. I'm not sure how this will effect MP with more aircraft involved and this should be explored to see if it's really a big problem or not.

I must say this is an OUTSTANDING job on this scenery and one can tell a LOT of work went into this.

Thanks, Bushy!

First: The guys are gifts from Al Simms, who did all the human macros...famous, non-famous, and, in the case of one of them, infamous. The group of guys are a counterbattery radar crew from his unit and being a group, they have "depth" that you don't perceive in a single individual because of the error of perspective when the picture was taken. That is, the guys closest are on the ground, the ones further away appear to "float" if you take a worm's-eye view, but that's because they are further away and a 3D group doesn't "level out" when made into a 2D "object". When viewed from a higher perspective, this effect diminishes.

It's why, however, I put the front guys on the tarmac and the back guys on the dirt...to minimize it being noticed. Nothing can be done to eliminate this effect, it's not an issue of macro placement or anything. If y'all think it's bothersome, I can easily delete it.

Second: Framerates. Well, I confess there is a significant hit. I've played with some feature deletions, but to reduce the impact to a major degree, I'd have to make major deletions.

IF there is to be a single version uploaded, I'm inclined to please myself first and go for the greatest level of fidelity I can live with. But not everyone is obliged to share my priorities. I'm more than willing to reduce the features (and probably bag the North Phu Bai camp altogether) and offer a "Phu Bai Lite" if there's a demand. It's not my server space! Wink

It's no real trouble at all to issue a second "low res" version with fewer bells and whistles, because there's no work involved...just delete stuff, export and zip it up. Happy to do so if so advised. But I want a high res version available for those of use "who've been there" at this place.

If I was to do that, I'd try killin' two birds...High res with NO built-in Hill 180, on the assumption that the dedicated will want to have the mesh. And a low res version that includes it because those users are least likely to run mesh. Otherwise, I gotta' issue three and that seems unwieldy for others (though not for me).

What sayeth the tribunal?

-> FS2004