Online game hook up!
-> Officer's Club

#1: Online game hook up! Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:52 pm
    ----
ok most of us here play the same games online, but i'm finding most new games and servers have no inital hook up lobbies etc, i'm fed up with passing on ips or server names through msn etc, is there anyway we could have a xfire section on com central? most of you guys use or have used xfire at some time, would be a great place to swap id etc so we can join games that friends are playing, with one click!
xfire supports hundreds of games including those featured here, would be nice to have a area to add names to.
just a idea....

Ban.. xfire id: shadowbanshee99

#2: Re: Online game hook up! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:08 pm
    ----
We'll check it out Ban,

Can't promise it will work here as our ISP rigidly has stepped up security due to some events

fled

#3: Re: Online game hook up! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:24 pm
    ----
I agree : my Xfire ID : exosone

#4: Re: Online game hook up! Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:15 pm
    ----
nooo fled, i'm saying it could be helpfull to have a xfire and like forum for ppl to post there info on, so we can see whos playing online and join them direct through those types of programs.
Com central only has to host the forum. "buddy list" or something,

i use xfire and so do a few others i know, also theres a few other programs of this type out there, its just a easy way to get to play with guys from here if their online and playing already,

ok EXOS i added you to xfire, i see you have bf2 i'll hook up with you sometime, dont hesitate to join games i'm in i pretty much suck so far in bf2 so chances are you will get some kill points off me lol...

#5: Re: Online game hook up! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:09 pm
    ----
or just promote xfire?

#6: Re: Online game hook up! Author: Combat PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:31 pm
    ----
Banshee and Exos

Look for my hello on xfire and add me to your lists. I don't use it as often as I used to but maybe now is a good time to start again!

~S~

#7: Re: Online game hook up! Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:50 pm
    ----
- Shades
or just promote xfire?

hum xfires free plus adware and spyware free, i dont see anything wrong in that, after all com-central openley promotes the games we paid cash for?
anything that makes playing and hooking up with friends online has gotta be good, most new games dont have pre lobbies and chatrooms like cfs used to, thats one of the reasons players get fragmented over time.

just my opinion. Sad

One could argue that having hardware and software lists in Sigs is promoting to lol:

Last edited by Shadow_Banshee on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: Online game hook up! Author: Combat PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:58 pm
    ----
Why not post a sticky for everyone to add their xfire addy's

I havent been on xfire in a while and was surprised to just see that IL2 is now fully supported...

How bout a sticky gents?

#9: Re: Online game hook up! Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:03 pm
    ----
Yeah a sticky would do it, btw for some reason Combats hiding his xfire profile, prolly hiding the sponge bob game stats and hours played i guess lol

#10: Re: Online game hook up! Author: Combat PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:12 pm
    ----
Yeah a sticky would do it, btw for some reason Combats hiding his xfire profile, prolly hiding the sponge bob game stats and hours played i guess lol

lmfao!!!!

Real story is "practice what you preach" and not "do as I say not what I do!"

Initially I did that so my oldest son couldn't find out how many hours I play certain games and hold it against me when I'd tell him to give the PC a rest and do some reading! lol

Now I can't for the life of me figure out how to show my profile! lol

SPONGE BOB! lol

sheeesh! Does xfire support that one too? lol

#11: Re: Online game hook up! Author: Combat PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:56 am
    ----
just messed with xfire. what a pleasure to jump into IL2 and not use HL.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
add me as combat. Xfire has come a long way if you haven't used it lately.

#12: Re: Online game hook up! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:52 am
    ----
A great suggestion fellas and I'll get that done asap... Wink

I have Xfire too, but it's been so long since I've used it, I forgot my login and pw...lol

Smile

#13: Re: Online game hook up! Author: Combat PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:26 pm
    ----
xfire now has a whole new screenshot thing to capture, share, and manage your in game screenies!

-> Officer's Club