The E-town "Lingle" discovered
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:11 pm
    ----
Sorry it took awhile to get these....

The M114 is located in the American Legion Park in Elizabethtown Ky.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Serial # on left rear...
[img][/img]

Enjoy,
Don

#2: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:35 pm
    ----
Hi Don,
So, this is the one that used to have "C.S. Spaulding" on the sides...for the Armor Board employee instrumental in the "Robotic Fighting Vehicle" program that this version represents.

It does my heart good to see "USAARENBD" on a vehicle...since that was my old mailing address at the Knox. Wink

#3: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:39 pm
    ----
Doug

One in the same. Seems to have been freshly painted recently.

I found it from the map that Neil referenced on his post.

Don

#4: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:46 pm
    ----
1 ) I assume the big date on the photo is not correct ( Does your VCR still flash 12:00? :-))

2) Am I the only one that noticed the big 'find' in these photos? I'll hold off stating what I think it is to see if anyone else notices.

#5: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:49 pm
    ----
What I notice is that it has an M85? HMG and smoke grenade launchers...

Neil

#6: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:00 pm
    ----
What I notice is that it has an M85? HMG and smoke grenade launchers...

Neil

#7: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:05 pm
    ----
Bob,
Are you referring to the two camera mounts for remote operation?

#8: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:51 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Bob,
Are you referring to the two camera mounts for remote operation?

Did this site go away for awhile since I posted the question? I saw that Neil had responded and went to look at what he had said and couldn't get into the site. I just got access again. I don't think it was on this end ( I could get to one of my naval sites)

Anyway

None of the above. I assumed those were part of the Robotic vehicle testing and to be expected. What I think I noticed has a much bigger impact.

I will again leave everyone wondering for a while. To be continued ...

I have a meeting to go to in a few minutes ('Diversity training' Does that mean I have to accept Comets along with my Shermans?)

Anyway stay tuned for the next installmant of 'What lurks around the Lingle'

#9: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:56 pm
    ----
FWIW, and not answering Bob's question, I believe this vehicle should be marked "RFV 1" as it previously was, not "RFV 11" - or is that "RFV II"?

Neil

#10: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:32 pm
    ----
BTW, here's the original pictures I posted, including the plaque. It does look better now, even if they seem to have marked it wrong:

Neil

#11: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:28 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Sorry it took awhile to get these....

The M114 is located in the American Legion Park in Elizabethtown Ky.

Serial # on left rear...
[img][/img]

Enjoy,
Don

[b]SERIAL NUMBER ON LEFT REAR

In the past it has been generally considered that Lingles did not have an exterier serial number!!!

Was this a special case or is it there on most/all of them and never noticed before??? I'm going to have to check on the one here in Frederick and the one in Hancock and see if they have them!!!

#12: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:28 pm
    ----
Hi Bob! Hi Folks!

- bsmart

Am I the only one that noticed the big 'find' in these photos? I'll hold off stating what I think it is to see if anyone else notices.

This is the biggest find to ME! The fact that there IS a serial number on the outside of the hull! Surprised Shocked Surprised Shocked

That vehicle is a M114A1 with the XM-26 hand cranked turret.
As for that machine gun. I don't think that is a M85. Barrel doesn't look right to me. I think it is a VisMod made from pipe and other things.

Nice to see someone took the trouble to give it a new paint job.
My 2 cents.

#13: Re: The E-town "Lingle" discovered Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:46 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Bob! Hi Folks!

- bsmart

Am I the only one that noticed the big 'find' in these photos? I'll hold off stating what I think it is to see if anyone else notices.

This is the biggest find to ME! The fact that there IS a serial number on the outside of the hull! Surprised Shocked Surprised Shocked

That was it. I think you and I were writing at the same time. I should have waited a little longer but a tie goes to the runner so you get credit

-> AFV News Discussion Board