My Weekends..
-> Officer's Club

#1: My Weekends.. Author: Hangman PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:44 pm
    ----
For the last 3 or 4 weeks I have not made any of the CC Sunday flights and oh how I've missed them however I have a good excuse. I've been re-doing my entire home office/ guitar room space from almost the floor up..here's some of the modifications I've done and some pics to show the work....

My Desk - I wanted to cut my desk down a bit so it wasn't quite as wide, so I took 8" off the whole back of the desk so it moved in to the wall closer. While I was doing that I built 2 custom floating shelves and mounted them on the desk itself. The shelf on the right for the printer, and the shelf on the left for the PC..

The Montior - I wanted the monitor off the desk completely, but instead of paying $120.00 for a wall mount kit I spent $10.00 on lumber and built a custom "Picture Frame" for the 19" wide screen montior..now it mounts on the wall above the desk and this is probably one of best things I've done, we absolutely love it!

Floating shelves - I built custom floating shelves in a few different shapes and sizes to compliment the desk and the floating shelves attached to it for my manly knick-knacks..lol...

Paint - I repainted the entire room in a color called "Thunderhead" (available from Wal-mart) to compliment the balck everything else was done in...

The only thing I have left, and its a doozy, is I'm going to build a custom cradenza to match the desk and this room will be complete...the room is totally cool now and it only took me about 4 weekeds to complete..lol..so if you've been wondering why I haven't been flying on Sundays, now you know

Smile

#2: Re: My Weekends.. Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:47 pm
    ----
Looks great Hangy.

Two things I take issue with though:-

1) That is WAY too tidy for a gaming computer room, and
2) That is WAY too tidy for a gaming computer users guitar room!

Razz

(...good work, I'm just jealious ;). Love ta hear what those babies sound like, played on a wooden floor.)

Last edited by Shades on Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: My Weekends.. Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:47 pm
    ----
nice lookin puter room mr hangman.

#4: Re: My Weekends.. Author: sweets PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:15 pm
    ----
gr8 pics. Hangy very nice well done Wink

#5: Re: My Weekends.. Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:02 pm
    ----
Very nice!!!

#6: Re: My Weekends.. Author: Hangman PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:06 pm
    ----
- Shades
Looks great Hangy.

Two things I take issue with though:-

1) That is WAY too tidy for a gaming computer room, and
2) That is WAY too tidy for a gaming computer users guitar room!

Razz

(...good work, I'm just jealious ;). Love ta hear what those babies sound like, played on a wooden floor.)

Well Shades I can't help it, I'm a neat & tidy kinda guy...I can't stand things to be disorganized, it's such a pain in the a** trying to find things when they are...lol
btw..the guitars do sound great in this room but for some reason there is almost an echo in the foyer of the house and they sound absolutely amazing in there..occasionly I have been known to stroll through the house playin tryin to find good sweet spots...(no pun intended sweets Wink )

#7: Re: My Weekends.. Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:16 pm
    ----
lmao hang!

#8: Re: My Weekends.. Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:34 pm
    ----
I saw her sweet spots first!

#9: Re: My Weekends.. Author: Combat PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:48 am
    ----
Love the paint Hangy! Nice set up!

#10: Re: My Weekends.. Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:52 am
    ----
ha....right on,,,good lookin hangout hangman

actually have the exact same tower myself but mine is silver and highly tweaked inside with all monster mod lighted wiring and extra konger fan in the rear,,,,,,,

anyways,,,good job there eh!.....now ya gots me a thinkin'...... Twisted Evil

-> Officer's Club