M114
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M114 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:30 pm
    ----
i am very slow work so i am going thru the stuff that i have been hording in my attic. amongst the many FM/TM's, i found a few items for the M114. i have more info on the operation, maintenance and service of the vehicle then i would have ever thought i would like to know.
shawn

#2: Re: M114 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:43 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
Ii have more info on the operation, maintenance and service of the vehicle (M114) then i would have ever thought i would like to know.
shawn

Shawn,
So does Roy. Unfortunately, it's all in his head where it crowds out important stuff like how to spell my name, or where he last set his keys down... Laughing

#3: Re: M114 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:16 pm
    ----
ran across a RAM report (1975?) that lists quite a bit of interesting M114 tid-bits of info.

starting w/ VS#625 model designation was changed to M114A1
starting w/ VS#2520 the commanders cupola incorporated the power traversing and elevating system

alot of interesting material dealing with the automotive components,
EIR's, very interesting to see the "numbers" from many of the evaluations and test/testing of the time

they even felt compelled to include specific gripes from a scout named roy lingle! one reads-- cig lighter causes shorts in the electrical system and the ash tray fails to self-empty...

#4: Re: M114 Author: J.McGillivray PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:31 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
ran across a RAM report (1975?) that lists quite a bit of interesting M114 tid-bits of info.

In those documents, is there any evidence of the use of name “Lingle� in reference to the M114.

#5: Re: M114 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:18 pm
    ----
LOL! no but i am sure i could doctor it to include said nomenclature.
maybe would should take steps towards having the vehicle christened with such an honor:
M114/M114A1/M114A1E1 Carrier, Command and Reconaissance
Armored, LINGLE

-> AFV News Discussion Board