Lingle contribution- Dangle Lingles
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Lingle contribution- Dangle Lingles Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:23 am
    ----
Still haven't figured out this scanner dithering business Sad Best copy I could get of dangleing lingles.

While I'm posting photos, here's a couple from Ft. Knox back in '64 or '65.
(That's me in the middle Cool )

#2: Re: Lingle contribution- Dangle Lingles Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:37 pm
    ----
Hi Dennis! Hi Folks!

Sorry D! Those are not Dangling Lingles. Sad

Those are M-113s, the Lingle's bigger bother! Razz

Looks like you are starting to get the hang of scanning!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#3: Re: Lingle contribution- Dangle Lingles Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:46 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

- Dennis_Smith

I wonder if......

- armyjunk2

M113

...those odd lift points could be something done to M113s that had been used in the Mekong Delta area. They look like they would work with the type of straps used by helicopters.

#4: Re: Lingle contribution- Dangle Lingles Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
    ----
- Dennis_Smith

While I'm posting photos, here's a couple from Ft. Knox back in '64 or '65.
(That's me in the middle Cool )

Don, do both of these still exist? The first one could be the T43 pilot I suppose... I cant remember anyplace on post like the second picture though... Unless maybe around Keyes park?

Neil

#5: Re: Lingle contribution- Dangle Lingles Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:30 pm
    ----
Neil, the first picture is the M103A2 now at Radclif, KY and the second picture is on Dixie Highway coming from Louisville. two current pictures of both locations.....

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Lingle contribution- Dangle Lingles Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:42 pm
    ----
Hi Army Junk 2! Hi Folks!

- armyjunk2

first picture is the M103A2 now at Radclif, KY

I not sure that's is an A2. Does not the A2 version have filter boxes on the fenders to go with the diesel engine upgrade?

Confuzed!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Confused

#7: Re: Lingle contribution- Dangle Lingles Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:05 pm
    ----
Neil

The Sherman used to be on Hwy 31W at the bottom of the Muldraugh hill. It is an M60 now.

The M103 from the old shot could be anywhere now. Not sure which that might be. We have a couple in storage, some on display, and some have been 'traded' away, in days gone by.

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board